Sudden shutdown

yea nowt to worry about,
and spybot probs just found tracking cookies, i dont find they do any harm but might aswell clear them up once in a while.

Like everyone has said above, it was definitely a Power thing. I know you go to a PC shop near your house, check out how much they sell UPS (Uninterpretable Power Supply) units for.

Those things are great. I bought one after a brown out fried my power supply. I can here it click in to the battery to power my computer about one second before the power flashes at my house.

Another reason i hat my friend so much , he had a UPS and when we had a power cut in our area i rung him to see how he was cos i was kinda bored and he's still there browsing the web

you should make it so your monitor turns off after 15-30min. that way it dosent give out. had this happen to me shortly after i took over my familys old 17". now im stuck with a 15" :(

Another reason i hat my friend so much , he had a UPS and when we had a power cut in our area i rung him to see how he was cos i was kinda bored and he's still there browsing the web

Yeah, but the cable-modem and main router are by my parents computer and not on a UPS, so my computer will be on, but I'm very limited on what I can do with it.

All it takes is enough for the lights to dim and the computers go off at my house. But I am thinking about investing in some UPS units. Can't go wrong with those!
Where do you live?, it's a little like that where I live on the Isle of Wight, England.

Like everyone has said above, it was definitely a Power thing. I know you go to a PC shop near your house, check out how much they sell UPS (Uninterpretable Power Supply) units for.

Those things are great. I bought one after a brown out fried my power supply. I can here it click in to the battery to power my computer about one second before the power flashes at my house.
You mean me I guess as we spoke before about this?, I'm going in to that shop tomorrow [it's in town actually] & suss them out, how much are they over there?

You mean me I guess as we spoke before about this?, I'm going in to that shop tomorrow [it's in town actually] & suss them out, how much are they over there?

Uninterpretable power supplies can be anywhere from £40 to about £150 + i dunno how they work though they have a rating i dunno weather its to do with your systems load like the power supply rating maybe another member can help here . If you go to the same shop you always do he should know your computer inside out and be able to tell you which rating to buy

Yeah, but the cable-modem and main router are by my parents computer and not on a UPS, so my computer will be on, but I'm very limited on what I can do with it.
His only lasted about 20minutes but the power cut lasted about 30 so he was happy i guess . Also he didnt have a router he only has one pc in his house so he just uses a usb powered modem.The only reason i want one is to protect my hard drives from power cuts

Ive been running a UPS for years now, its a Belkin, APS are a good brand aswell.

Ive been running a UPS for years now, its a Belkin, APS are a good brand aswell.
raffaz, havent seen you around much lately.
i personally dont feel the need to spend a lot of money on stuff like this. especially when they are fairly low end specs. i have a power surge protector on my plugs and if i see its bad weather outside i backup my work anyway, and once the powers gone i will just unplug my pc's from the wall.

Back
Top Bottom