Finally after a few weeks of screwing around I've finally got a stable freaking signal.

I know by now you guys are probably sick of listening to me rant about Verizon and my BFE signal quality.

So today I got upset and decided to give that elevation change a try. Well with the mounting setup it comes with there was no way to securely angle it. I got mad and just put it back up and spun it around.

I never aimed it in the town that I new had Rev-A but was further than the other 2 towns in the area that were much closer with Rev-A. So I just started turning it leaving the settings on auto.

I started to notice my CDMA (National Access * Slow worthless speed) drop down into the low 80's. Not like I hadn't seen that before aiming in other directions.

Out of the blue I noticed it switched over to full bars of Rev-A signal. I got really excited and did a speedtest. Results were great and I was like hell ya.

Then I went to email someone and the connection had dropped. LMFAO I was pulling my hair after getting again teased like that. So I fiddled a bit more.

Now it seems it takes a few times to connect no doubt do to the overall distance of around 10 miles away but it must be a clean shot. I've never dropped below 3 bars and normally hold a steady -72dBm to -74dBm level.

At least now my results are pretty much on par with the Verizon average.

:::.. Download Stats ..:::
Download Connection is:: 817 Kbps about 0.8 Mbps (tested with 1536 kB)
Download Speed is:: 100 kB/s
Tested From:: http://testmy.net/ (Main)
Test Time:: 2008/04/27 - 11:50am
Bottom Line:: 14X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 10.24 sec
Tested from a 1536 kB file and took 15.395 seconds to complete
Download Diagnosis:: 90% + Okay : running at 95.22 % of your hosts average (myvzw.com)
D-Validation Link:: http://testmy.net/stats/id-B86YFDQS1
User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.3 [!]

Seeing speeds like this in BFE are like having sex for the first time. :D :D :D

Sweet man!! Bout time you get what you pay for, lol.
Try playing some games and see if it works. Mine usually doesnt... I'm waiting for WiMax now, lol.

Sweet man!! Bout time you get what you pay for, lol.
Try playing some games and see if it works. Mine usually doesnt... I'm waiting for WiMax now, lol.

Will do later tonight. I just played a game of madden 08 on the ps3 and it played pretty decent.

Kinda pissed though I never would of guessed my buddy would drop his connection on purpose with 3 seconds left in the game when I beat him. Now my win doesn't even count. Last time I play him.... He had several wins on me since I was playing with dial up before but this time just dropped even though I was connected to the server and everything was fine. Grrr

It's amazing you have a faster connection than me, considering you're using a wireless connection.

Back
Top Bottom