Want RSS on this site or not?

• Yes please!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I wouldn't use it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JamesR404

Beta member
Hi all, I'd love to subscribe to the forum through RSS. I do it with many other forums and blogs, and I can filter for keywords using rinsefeed.

That way if there's a post on a favourite topic I can notice it more easily and contribute to it :)

Can we add RSS feeds to the site? Or is it here already but I'm just not seeing it?

This was already brought up and this wont happen either. Not until we can get a form of control over which posts are being distributed by RSS. We get way to much spam and that would go out onto the RSS feed and we do not want that and will not allow for that to happen.

OK, but if the spam issue would be resolved, then RSS can be enabled?

Right now I take it the forum admins are very vigilant and delete spam before most users would notice it - indeed, an RSS feed item would retain the spam post.

... We use chapta for the signon even, but that's still not enough? Do we get human spammers? Tricky issue.

If the spam issue could be resolved yes. But we have great periods of time that there is no Mod on site cause we are working or due to Time Zone differences. Having the staff be from the USA, Canada, UK, Australia and every where in between doesnt give us the freedom to have a staff member on site 24 hours a day.

We have REcaptcha, we also have a Spam Filter in place and several other things. We still get members and topic that slink through and make it to the public view. Be it a phone spammer trying to sell cheap phones or someone trying to sell WoW Gold. It happens more often than people realize cause we do have a good staff on site that catches it first or is on site when the report comes through.

We have been in this discussion about how to prevent Spam from making it to the RSS for well over a year now with no light at the end of the tunnel. Even with all of our research into Registration Methods to try and fool Bots and preventing Posts with Links from showing, there is still things that make it through. We leave the RSS disabled cause we would rather not have it than have this kinda stuff make it through.

Back
Top Bottom