Submissions are open for an R18+ games classification in Australia - PLEASE SUBMIT

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
Submissions are being sought on whether the Australian National Classification Scheme should include an R 18+ classification category for computer games. Submissions can be made by downloading and completing the submission template. Submissions may also be mailed or faxed. The discussion paper and submission template contain the contact details for making a submission.

See: Official site

Discussion Paper Links: PDF DOC

Submission Download Links: PDF DOC

"This is your opportunity to tell the Australian and the State and Territory Governments your views before they consider whether the current situation should be changed."

If you want to see a change made to the classification system, please take the few minutes to fill in a submission and mail it to the provided address.

Re: Submissions are open for an R18+ games classification in Australia - PLEASE SUBMI

Nice if we get the rating approved.. but really, it should never have had to come to this.

Re: Submissions are open for an R18+ games classification in Australia - PLEASE SUBMI

I find that is stupid that the R18+ Retricted classification is allowed on Films, Books and Audio Media. However not on computer/console games.

Seriously, you just put the same restrctions on computers games as you do on other media where the shop clerk as the right to ask for ID such as a proof of age card or drivers license as the point of sale. And the right to refuse sale if the customers is unable to produce ID.
It's no different at news agents, video stores, adult book shops, bottle shops, ciggerette shops. So want makes computer game shop like so different?

I have been down at EB games a refuse sale to kids with rated MA+ games

I don't see that we are going to get the Rated X classification through. Or at least in any region outside A.C.T.

I noticed that this might be a little late, however late week I was watching TV and there was a ad for the new Dead Island Rip Tide game...... RATED R 18+

Finally, Australian Censorship has grown up and allowed the Rated R 18+ Classification.
This has been the case since late Feb 2013 where Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2+ for the PS Vita was the first game to be released with the classification.

Back
Top Bottom