Sub Problem

^Mike^

Fully Optimized
On my Realtek AC97 sound card i plug my subwoofer into the orange circle which is supposed to be the sub output but i hear nothing comming from it. I've tried playing around with the settings and everything and i can't figure it out, it just won't work. Can anyone help me?

Try plugging your sub into someting different, such as a tv or stereo and see if sound comes out first.

You've tried plugging it in to all the different ports and nothing worked? Try changing the sound settings to 5.1 channel. Is it a digital output? Try enabling that by checking the box in the sound settings too.

it's a digital output, i've tried plugging it into all of the 6 ports on the card, i've changed it to multiple channels and nothing happens. The sub works because i just tested it with another speaker system.

Also i currently have 2 other speakers plugged into the one green port on the card and they both work fine.

TRDCorolla said:
If it's a digital output you need to enable it.

it's enabled threw the program that came with my sound card, hmm i don't know what the problem is, i think i'll try my old speakers that the sub plugs directley into the speakers itself instead of a port on the sound card.

Thanks for your help

oh sweet i figured it out now all my 5 speekers work!! thanks so much if i turn it on 6 channel then it all work!! awsome

Back
Top Bottom