Stupid Drunk Drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAVOC

Fully Optimized
So yeah, very interesting night i've had tonight. I was on my way home from work, traveling on the highway. So I come up on this car right before my exit and I notice that the person is driving in the middle of two lanes. So i back off the gas a little and get ready to get off the exit, when the car in front of me now moves back over to the lane and keeps going and strikes the Jersey Barrier. The car bounces off and back onto the highway and across two lanes of the highway. The car recovers and now moves back to the right lane. At this point i'm going really slow and praying this person is getting off at the exit, the same one I am.

Sure enough the car pulls off the exit, which is about 100 Yards long and curvy. So the car hits the guard rail again... recovers.. for some reason, it speeds up, then it gets to the intersection which is a T-intersection... the light is red and i'm saying, "NO, NO, NO".

The car goes straight across the intersection and T-Bones a passing car. Huge collison... Very scary... I scream tons of profanties and pull my car over to see if anyone is injured, which I thought I was going to see dead bodies. Other people pull over also. I run to the car that was T-Boned and the guy is cut really bad and screaming about pain in his legs. I told him to remain calm, as I called 911 on my cell phone. I start to head over to the other car and the guy gets out of his car and starts to run. Well, .... I have no idea what I was thinking, but I started chasing the guy... through a McDonalds parking lot. I caught up to him and tackled him to the ground. The fall was pretty rough and it totaly knocked the wind out of him and I seriously screwed up my knees.

So he's down on the ground and i've got him pinned with his face in the pavement. He kept screaming for me to get off of him and he was going to do, blah, blah, blah... This guy was so freakin' trashed, he could barely speak and smelt like alcohol so bad it was making me drunk. Then a few more people caught up to us and helped me get him up and bring him back to the scene. At which point he starts to get really antsy and thinks he's going to fight and run again. So I take off my neck tie and tie up his wrists behind his back really, really good and we sit him on his butt on the curb and two people watched him. Finally sirens are blazing down the road and the EMS, Fire Department and Police show up.

They quick gathered statements and place the drunk retard under arrest. The fire department needed to use the jaws of life to cut the other poor guy out of his car and they took him off to the hospital, which luckily was only about 2 minutes from the scene.

The police questioned me and I told them the whole story and they laughed and asked me if I was looking for a job. lol - the Police had to cut my tie off of this wrists to put handcuffs on him, that's how tight I tied it.

Needless to say I had to go down to the police station to file statements and I'm going to be summoned to court, which i'll gladly do.

I don't know, may-be i'll give law enforcement a crack. I'll tell ya, the adrenaline rush from that whole situation was pretty freakin' intense.

DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE... Or at least, not around me...

Dude you must have felt like chuck norris or somthing when you tackled him!

:p

I hate drunk drivers....

**** me off...

That was right of you to do that bro, I guess. I wouldn't have done it; you never know with the crazies these days. Youre lucky he didnt have a knife or something. And you'll, unfortunate as it is, probably be lucky not to get sued!
:angry:

I can't tell you how good I feel knowing that there ARE people out there who are willing to do what is right.

About a year ago, I had a similar situation, but no tackling was involved. I was coming home at midnight and saw an F250 directly in front of me hit 2 parked cars and keep going. I followed him to make sure he'd turn around and acknowledge he made a mistake, but he kept going. I called 911 on my cell and followed him for about 10 miles, trying to keep my distance off of his tail so he didn't think I was following him.

Unfortunately, since the area he was heading to was pretty open and NOBODY else was on the road, it was a no brainer that I was following him. He pulled into a driveway and floored his brake when he realized he had NO room to get into the driveway due to the car already parked there. I knew he was turning around, and told the dispatcher that.

No sooner I got my car turned around and back over the small hill, I see nothing but smoke as the cop had finally caught up to us and was doing a 180 in the middle of the road to turn around and go after the guy.

When the dude pulled over, there was a ditch on the right side of the road. He **** near flipped his truck into it. Honestly, the truck kind of hesitated as if it WAS going to roll over, then gently sat back down.

The neck tie idea, great GREAT idea. :cool:

Man at least there where no dead ppl.
*starts new story*
One time about march or so me and my family where going down I-20 to a Waffle House cause we had done gracery shopping. Well in the median is a concrete walls sort like 4 feet high or something. Anywyas were drive and randomly this car on the other side does a 90 degree turn and hits the wall and flips upside down. When i turned around i saw a body fly out of the car. My dad hit the brakes really fast and w/out knowing wtf i was doing i jumped out to go help. While i was running i called 911 and stayed on the phone w/ them. Turns out the body that flew out was a 12y/o kid and he was torn in half by g-force and glass. COmpletely shatterd the windshield. The father who was the driver was alive and drunk as **** and when he found out what happend to his son he started yelling for one of the cops to shoot him. Poor guy. THey asked me questions and when the ambulance got there we where told to leave so they could question other witnesses. They asked for my cell phone # but they never called.

Careful with detaining people....

Since the person was commiting a felony, it's a citizen's arrest - which is lawful. But, for a misdemeanor? That's illegal detention. So, just be careful with that in the future.

But good job! Lots of people wouldn't bother to chase somebody like you did. You get a thumbs up from me.

Eagleboy said:
Careful with detaining people....

Since the person was commiting a felony, it's a citizen's arrest - which is lawful. But, for a misdemeanor? That's illegal detention. So, just be careful with that in the future.

But good job! Lots of people wouldn't bother to chase somebody like you did. You get a thumbs up from me.

Yeah i'm pretty up on the law. Two of my good friends are cops in other cities. So I knew this was a felony hit and run, with property damage and an injured victim. It's not like they wouldn't have found this guy eventually.. I really don't know what came over me. I didn't really think, I just acted. I never thought about a gun or a knife, I guess I didn't really care. The guy couldn't drive, run, walk or even speak... so i guess i felt like I had a major advantage.

The cops were all telling me good job and stuff and i was actually waiting to hear, something negative, but they were really cool.

I"m not really worried about being sued to tell you the truth. I"ve got a really good lawyer which i'll probably call tomorrow to let him know what happened and see what he says.

My freakin' knees are killing me right now... Shorts and asphault... terrible combination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom