Stupid DOA parts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disillusion

Daemon Poster
Well this weekend was highly anticipated because I bought a 6800 Ultra video card for my laptop and an XPS power adapter to go a long with it. I was really looking forward to have a kick *** gaming laptop by the end of the weekend. Well, first of all, I installed the video card, installed the hacked XPS BIOS (to support the card) and then installed the proper drivers for it and it left lines all over my screen and everything is basically a jumbled mess and the card is definitely bad. Today, I just got my bigger power adapter. I hooked it up to the laptop and plugged it in. Nothing. Dead. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I can't believe the TWO parts that I ordered just to make my system a lot better don't even work. Now I have to go trough the trouble of returning them and maybe getting them back in 2 weeks. :mad:

and I bet the companies want you to pay shipping back to them even though its their fault. That always seems to happen to me.

kfc469 said:
and I bet the companies want you to pay shipping back to them even though its their fault. That always seems to happen to me.
As soon as they confirm the return, I'm going to tell them I want the new one sent to me and I will send the bad one back to them in the same box at their expense or there is going to be **** to pay.

Man, I'm so frustrated right now.

Hows this?

I get a new X1900 video card, as well as a new case, install everything, and it all fries.

I got the Video Card, RAM, and Mobo replaced, but I still have not tested the processor...

Hahah oh yeah well one guy over at DFI street bought an eVGA 680i SLI mobo, and It fried His QX6700 and 2 Gigs of dominator ram.

Killed it all.

Lord AnthraX said:
Hahah oh yeah well one guy over at DFI street bought an eVGA 680i SLI mobo, and It fried His QX6700 and 2 Gigs of dominator ram.

Killed it all.

that kinda sucks, but then again better someone with (that much) money than some poor little dude. Which reminds me, you sold your system? (I saw the for sale thread)

I actually hear the quad core bites the big one except for benchmarks.

Lord AnthraX said:

Killed it all.
I think I would probably just lay down and die at that point. lol

bum said:
that kinda sucks, but then again better someone with (that much) money than some poor little dude. Which reminds me, you sold your system? (I saw the for sale thread)

I actually hear the quad core bites the big one except for benchmarks.

Eh yeah Im getting there.

Once I sell my stuff around x-mas I'l be ordering my new stuff...Well see how it goes, I'l probably show a worklog/maegathread as I have a new case coming too so I'l probably just take alot of pictures.

Pretty everything in my current computer has been RMA'd. Mobo took 2 weeks, ram took 5-6 days, Proc was actually immediately replaced and shipped back overnight, same with my dad's ATI video card. Atleast ATI/AMD are willing to get you back up on your feet quickly.

Talking about all those friend computer parts...ugh...

I just upgraded my processor a couple weeks ago, and just this morning I added more memory.

Upgraded my processor from a P3 933mhz to a P3 1Ghz...and then this morning I added another 768mb of PC133 to give me a grand total of 1.5gb. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom