studying A+

What do you think about the 2007 Subaru WRX STI Impreza?

• Good.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bad.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

john3

Banned
so i just got my A+ certification study guide a few days ago, and i started reading and am finished 2 chapters ( hardware) , at the end there are review questions out of 20 and so far i got 18/20 and 17/20. its pretty good.......but i still got a long way to go, there are 16 chapters left, i read 100/840 pages. haha. its actually not that hard.

just out of curiosity how many of you are A+ certified?

Uh, You have to take Both to Be A+ Certified, So The only option that applies is the first one.
Both the OS and Hardware, either 1 Test or 2 Separate,
I am Certified though.

will be in a year. i am taking the course, starting next september.

i wouldnt say it is "hard", there is just a lot to remember. the understanding part is easy.

i dont like the way most of it is on OLD technology.

yeah i no, im reading all this shiate about 5 1/4" floppies, and 'daughterboards' really not up with the times......

You have to be A+ certified to get a tech job anywhere here in BC.

To be a salesman, that's a different story :D

:eek: there is a new one? after me just reading all about the old stuff?

i messed up one practice question, lol:

"the fan in a PSU stops working, do you:

a, replace the bearing
b, reaplace the fan
c, replace the PSU
d, replace the case"

i just thought, well, just open her up, slam a new fan in, solder it on... job done! aparantly that is a big no-no. :(

actually, opening a PSU is the worst thing you can do because it can be fatal. so it should be replace the PSU.

What do you mean the new one? you mean where tehre is like 4 different parts to it? hopefully i can do the exams where its just Hardware, then OS.

The capacitors in a PSU can hold a charge even when in it is not plugged in. The charge can last for years. I guess it could be fatal, but it should only be about 110-120volt ... theoreticaly this wont kill you if your healthy, but it will shock the **** out of you.

However the high voltage anode in a CRT monitor holds a charge of 30,000volts for years, and that will kill you.

yea, i knew that, but yea... so long as you dont touch it, you should be fine... :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom