Studio 1535 Upper Control Panel Not Working?

aPanzerIV

Daemon Poster
For the 6th time on the forums, my dad's dell makes its appearance. This has been a clear issue since its, *episode*; None of the backlight keys on the top of the keyboard work, the only one lit is the volume mute button, it will not turn off.

I do beleive this to be some sort of error code, because as I was messing with it, it would show different lights as it started (with the fan clogged, volume increase was lit). However, after I was finished fixing it, I ran bios diagnostics for a whole 3 hours. It came up with nothing.

lightya.jpg

I need this fixed because I am getting paid to fix my dad's laptop(needs to be "better than new" to impress him, so broken buttons won't cut it).

You probably find these buttons are powered by Dells Drivers they pre-install, look on there website or ask your dad for the original Driver disk. Dell love custom made drivers.

Dont know if this will fix the led back lights to the buttons, you may have to take the machine apart, and do abit of soldering.

Or alternatively, destroy the working LED and tell your dad they where never supposed to work (i do not advise this)

I fixed it, the mute button is apparently the error code for a bad battery, which was also another problem I posted here; it wouldn't charge.

I wish dell documented this shit, it would have been really friggian' helpfull.

Back
Top Bottom