Streamlabs OBS latency issue

GreenFortGriot

Beta member
I've been doing test streams on youtube using Streamlabs OBS. The issue im having is that whenever i add a source to a scene such as a picture/video/audio or any source, it runs smooth on my end but on the viewer end, there's a very long delay (15-30 secs) before they see the new source. Hoping someone can help me with this. I've had this issue on my IMAC which is pretty powerful. So i'm certain it's not a CPU issue. i've tried many different settings in streamlabs & nothing has worked.

There is a natural delay between what you do locally and what viewers see on Youtube. Other platforms have delay too, but it varies. This has nothing to do with your machine or internet connection, and everything to do with the platform you're streaming on. You can try low latency mode in the settings but I'm not sure how much that'll help.

I've been doing test streams on youtube using Streamlabs OBS. The issue im having is that whenever i add a source to a scene such as a picture/video/audio or any source, it runs smooth on my end but on the viewer end, there's a very long delay (15-30 secs) before they see the new source. Hoping someone can help me with this. I've had this issue on my IMAC which is pretty powerful. So i'm certain it's not a CPU issue. i've tried many different settings in streamlabs & nothing has worked.
As a former streamer, I would suggest that the delay issue in streaming might be related to either internet problems or software incompatibility with your PC components. Therefore, it could be worth exploring other software options, as OBS is a complex program that can be challenging to use and can consume a lot of data. Personally, I switched to Movavi Screen Recorder a year ago and haven't encountered any major issues. While it may not have as many features as OBS, it is constantly updated and improved. I would also recommend checking your internet connection to ensure it is stable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom