streaming video issue

Celticsfan

Banned
Hi,

If I am watching streaming video from youtube and it constantly stop every 7 secs throughout the video. What causes this and how can I fix it? :p

thx

If it happens all the time on every video, it's probably caused by your connection being slower than required - sometimes I've found youtube can be frustratingly slow on just certain videos, but this is unlikely to be the case if it's happening constantly.

Make sure high quality is turned off - but apart from that the only real solution (if you can call it that) is just to let the thing buffer a decent way before you start playing :(

make sure your not downloading other stuff slowing ure connection down.

also try at other times of day, it may be the site is under heavy usage or even all your neighbours are also using the internet slowing you down also! so tell them to get off!!! :p

My advice would be to run an internet speed test have a google, they're all over the place online) and see what the results come back with. Also, you could try playing videos from other sites such as iplayer or metacafe and check whether they stream consistently or not - that'd help you isolate whether the problem was just youtube or something more widespread.

Back
Top Bottom