strange router problem....

Status
Not open for further replies.

clever_j

In Runtime
I just got an edmiax broadband router.. set it up for my 2 computers at home..

to cut to the chase, whenever the computers goes through the router, i get stranged timed out issues!

I get STRANGE timed out/no data issues only on the following situations:
- when posting in forms.. ALL forums.. and any other forms. even yousend it.
- when sending an email using my email client (pocomail)

What's even stranger is that, the timeout issues has a PATTERN in a sense that after the FIRST TIMED OUT prompt on a PARTICULAR TASK/FORM, the FIRST RETRY will work!

So it's like, i have to press submit twice - waiting for the Timed Out error on the first attempt.. and the next attempt is guaranteed to work.. This happens on every FORM/email that i submit/send out..

Like with this post right now.. for sure I will have to press submit, and wait for the error, then retry submitting my form again.. first retry WILL WORK.

All the other tasks, such as browsing, downloading, messengers etc are OK. just with 2 things. submitting form values and sending emails.. it's like I HAVE TO TIME OUT ONCE first... 1 out of 10 times, i wont have to.. but most of the time.. i have the problem..

I did try DIRECT CONNECTION of the my computer to the internet.. did my thing.. No problem.. then decided to switch back to the router and here I am ranting about it..

What gives?

tea

by the way.. i confirm this:
Like with this post right now.. for sure I will have to press submit, and wait for the error, then retry submitting my form again.. first retry WILL WORK.

as expected, i had to do "the usual"...

If it only happens when you are using the router, then I would suggest getting a new router. I have worked with Edimax routers in the past and haven't been very happy with them.

? howcome? i mean. it does let traffic in and out.. shouldnt be the router OK? i'd hate to go to the trouble of RMA. what else could be causing this? (before i go RMA)

sounds like the router is limiting your bandwidth badly. I would RMA it too, or at least call the tech support as they will know for sure if it is a firmware or harware issue.

i just got the last router RMA'd.. this is a brand new one.. same brand.. same model.. SAME PROBLEM!!!! :(

I tried updating this new router's firmware.. same thing.. :(

this is getting very anoying.. i've never encoutered such a strange problem..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom