Strange Printing Issues

xifirus

Beta member
So today when I came into work a coworker explained that his printer was no longer working. I checked the printer status in his computer Dell Windows 8 and it appeared to be working properly. So I sent a test page to it from his computer and a message popped up saying the printer was offline. I tested the printer from my computer and another computer and it printed without an issue. The printer is a Konica Minolta C554e that is networked in our company. The printer is set up on a print server that is shared by the whole company. Some of the computers had the printer set up before it was added to the print server as well. I tried sending documents to the other networked printers on the coworkers machine and they all printed fine. The other two printers are Konica Minolta C364e's. I uninstalled the printer on his computer and added it via the server, but it immediately said it was offline once the install had completed. I then uninstalled the drivers and the printer again and tried doing it through the add device through TCPIP and went through the normal process of adding a printer but when I put in the IP address it said the computer was unable to query the printer to find out its configuration. I manually entered the information and added the driver that came on the install disk. When it finished, the printer worked fine. Problem solved but I have no idea why. He has been using this printer since it was installed early last year without an issue and suddenly it stopped working. Is there any reason why this would suddenly happen?

Back
Top Bottom