Strange message at startup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

belveder

In Runtime
I was wondering if anyone could tell me what this message means please :

Parser Message
Value Creation Failed "At Line 45

I've just started getting a box with this message in it everytime I boot up. Have to press cancel on the box 5 or 6 times for it to go past it. Then it goes to the log on / password screen which I have never had up before either.

I am using XP Pro with SP2

belveder said:
I was wondering if anyone could tell me what this message means please :

Parser Message
Value Creation Failed "At Line 45

I've just started getting a box with this message in it everytime I boot up. Have to press cancel on the box 5 or 6 times for it to go past it. Then it goes to the log on / password screen which I have never had up before either.

I am using XP Pro with SP2

hmmm.... that is really weird. I'll tell you what, I will do a search and see if I can come up with something for you.

its gotta be something in the startup of your system, you can do this:

Either make a new account in WinXP and see if it fixes it.

Or go into msconfig and get rid of what YOU KNOW YOU DON'T NEED. Make sure you don't take something important out of the startup. It may be a program in there not working right. You don't need all of that stuff to startup anyway.

Thanks for all the replies, I already run with the bare minimal at startup so I was lucky with that one lol.

About SP2, I didn't know there was one either, but I just formatted the day before yesterday, when I did that I went to the M$ site, updated XP and made an image. Went to uninstall Windowblinds and saw XP SP2 in the Add-Remove.

That site was very interesting, I will try what they say out, as I have just installed Style XP and put a new log on graphic in.

Thanks again

Same here

Even though im not an expert on XP PRO, as i only have XP Home, but when i used LogonStudio, it would do the same thing. The only trick i know is to just revert to the old startup screen. I know this defeats the purpose, but that program used to do the same thing, and doing the above is the only remedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom