Strange issue with 127.0.0.1

chrislynch

Solid State Member
Hi,

So had a apache, PHP, Mysql running and I remove all of them due to corruption. Now with no apache, if I type 127.0.0.1 in the browser instead of getting the usual page can not be displayed I get this site is running team viewer.

I have teamviewer installed and this is not the program, some application is still using port 80 and will not realease it. How can I find this application or how can I find the location of the 127.0.0.1 directory thats in use for some reason.

Also when I tried to reinstall Apache I have to listen on a different port to 80.

Any ideas on whats causing this, or how to find out what the issue is?

Rgds
Chris

Hi,

So had a apache, PHP, Mysql running and I remove all of them due to corruption. Now with no apache, if I type 127.0.0.1 in the browser instead of getting the usual page can not be displayed I get this site is running team viewer.

I have teamviewer installed and this is not the program, some application is still using port 80 and will not realease it. How can I find this application or how can I find the location of the 127.0.0.1 directory thats in use for some reason.

Also when I tried to reinstall Apache I have to listen on a different port to 80.

Any ideas on whats causing this, or how to find out what the issue is?

Rgds
Chris

1. Check what non-MS services are running
2. Check what processes are running.

To see this the easiest way is to do MSCONFIG and view what services startup on boot.

i would also do a complete malware scan. (ad-aware, spybot, hijackthis, etc.)

Back
Top Bottom