Strange Failure

aimo3

In Runtime
HP Pro 3500
Error: No boot disk has been detected or the disk has failed.
------------------------------------------------------

The first step I took is checking the BIOS. The HDD wasn't detectable. So I though it's gone bad.

I cleaned the case from all the dust which was inside it, and it booted perfectly and I logged on. I though the dirt was blocking the connection or something. I restarted it twice and it kept working.

But, after I shut it down, it never booted again, and has been only giving the above error message.

I swapped the SATA cable with the ODD, change the connector on the motherboard. Nothing makes the HDD detectable. I used another HDD and installed OS using the the same cable and connector of the original HDD. It worked fine.

I connected both HDDs. The original wasn't detectable.

WTF?!! Why didn't it work fine right after cleaning?!!

Anyone familiar with this kind of failure?

Have you noticed the HDD generally failing i.e. getting slower ? Unlike SSD'S , HDD's don't normally so suddenly die.

You might want to try to connect the undetectable HDD as a second HDD, with the working HDD as the primary one, and run hard drive recovery software. See this:
https://www.easeus.com/storage-media-recovery/restore-data-when-hard-drive-not-detected-in-bios.html

I swapped the SATA cable with the ODD, change the connector on the motherboard. Nothing makes the HDD detectable. I used another HDD and installed OS using the the same cable and connector of the original HDD. It worked fine.

I connected both HDDs. The original wasn't detectable.
HDDs can die at any moment just like anything else. More than likely though the symptoms were ignored.

Back
Top Bottom