Strange 3D mark scores?!

k0409964

In Runtime
Okay my dad has just brought this laptop

http://www.higrade.com/nqcontent.cfm?a_id=3599

but instead of 512 it has a 1gig ram,

my laptop see spec in sig below, gets a much higher 3dmark03 score than my dad 5300, compared to 3900, i have filddled with all the setting on both laptops so they are the same, stoped all AV software etc etc, but mine still beats it? why is this cosidering my dads has duo core and a 256meg nVIDIA GeForce Go 7400 (it says 128 there but it is infact 256)

can some one please tell me thanks

What are the exact scores? Make sure your comparing the same version of 3d mark. IE if you run 3d mark05 on one computer make sure its 3d mark 05 on the other. Sometimes its the simple things that get you.

Whats the age of the computers? Try running adaware on the worse peforming one, and a virus scan. Even two identical machines will have different scores.

ones 2 days old, and the other is 6 weeks with a fresh install, and both 3d marks are the same 03, my one gets 5416 and the other laptop the duo-core laptop get 3997. I think it is because the graphics card in the duo core is not so powerful. but i would have thought the duo-core would have made up for that.

3DMark is GPU-intensive, and if it's a Core Duo instead of Core 2 Duo, that'll make a big difference.

o i thought you said the systems were identical. i didnt actually bother checking the specs of both the computers. yah, 3dmark is a computer program designed to test the capabilities of primarily your gfx card and secondarily your system ram and cpu

Back
Top Bottom