Stories about lost weekends due to computers?

killerdoberman

In Runtime
What are your weekend warrior stories you have about 48 hours of pure computer fascination?

Have you lost whole weekends (or more) with little or no sleep playing hours of Unreal Tournament, making the perfect map for Counter Strike and/or assembling or MODing your computer system?

Have you spend the time eating pizza and drinking Mountain Dew morning, noon and night?

What are your stories? I would love to hear them and I bet just about everyone on this board has one.

I've lost a whole weekend fixing my computer after I broke it...

Most recently a powered modification (and LCD screen) tripped out my power supply... the only problem was I needed my computer on the monday morning to present my final year project... I had spent the previous week setting up and configuring and couldn't change anything...

Thankfully after spending a night of swaping bits around and poking around with a multimeter the PSU came back to life it's self. The trip out had reset it's self.

It's been awhile, but a weekend back in November…

My wife had the long weekend shift at the hospital, so that left me to play BattleField 1942 for the entire weekend. I started when she left for work on Saturday morning and since she was working long hours she came home and went straight to bed. Sunday morning she woke to go to work and I was still playing. This continued for the rest of the day and finally ended when she got home around 9pm.

I had two full days of fragging, drinking a 12-pack of beer, 30 cans of Dew, 6 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and 2 large pizzas. When she finally came home on Sunday night, she seen my computer room, had one look at me and took a picture. I was wearing a pair of sweats and ripped T-shirt, haven't taken a bath for going on 3 days, my hair just about standing straight up and the room had soda and beer cans all over my desk and floor.

Man…that was a blast!

Back
Top Bottom