Storage drive thoughts...

mwwwilson

In Runtime
Hello to whoever gives a squat...

I am about to get a Samsung M.2 - 500GB (for bootup and VR gaming). My original bootup SSD is a Samsung 2.5 - 150GB. This SSD has Windows 8.1 Pro w/WIN10 upgrade installed on it. I also have a WD HDD - 500GB installed for file storage.

Now, when I get my M.2, I plan to fresh install Windows and setup Oculus from scratch. I am not real sure how I should use my other drives. 150GB SSD and 500GB HDD.

Thoughts?
Thanks,
Mark

Game installs, document storage, backups, etc. are all possible use-cases for them.

I'm just not real sure how to set it up.
M.2 - 500GB - windows and Oculus games
HDD - 500GB - extra file storage and games
SSD - 150GB - maybe a couple games that need speedy load screens

Make sense? I'm really lost when it comes to multiple drives. I just want to be efficient and not run into problems down the line.

Makes sense to me. Just leave the HDD/SSD unplugged during your Windows install. After Windows is installed, plug in your other 2 drives. Windows should assign a drive letter to them, and they'll be visible under "This PC".

I'm just not real sure how to set it up.
M.2 - 500GB - windows and Oculus games
HDD - 500GB - extra file storage and games
SSD - 150GB - maybe a couple games that need speedy load screens

Make sense? I'm really lost when it comes to multiple drives. I just want to be efficient and not run into problems down the line.

Basically how I have my system set up. It works out rather well.

If this machine is just a VR PC you won't need the other 2 drives. I personally use a 250GB drive on my VR machine and it's more than plenty.

Back
Top Bottom