Stopped using computer, now it doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

og5

Baseband Member
I decided to sell my old laptop that has never givien me a problem before, and suddenly after turning it on it won't load all the way. It gets to the "welcome" screen in windows and stops there, ocasionally the hard drive light blinks. This computer has never had issues before so I think it's wierd that I don't use it for a couple weeks and suddenly it acts like this. Is it possible that unplugging some hardware (printer, mouse, ethernet connection) could cause it to do this?

Thanks

Might be some dust has settled in the heatsink, and is causing it to overheat. Is it always at the welcome scren, if so, I would try a format, and re instal windows.

Yeah, clean it out. Laptop's have a Heatsink? Mine only has a fan. That too, real small, and slow.

hmm that's wierd, i rebooted it again to get into safe mode and (not knowing what button to press) it rebooted into windows regularly, but tthe touchpad doesn't work. I'll have to see whats going on

I would reinstall windows, didn't you say you wanted to sell it anyway. besides cleaning it out phisicaly wouldn't hurt either.
unless it is a hardware thing, that should fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom