Stop Error: 0X0000007F

DEccles

Baseband Member
So, last few weeks I've been getting these Blue Screen Stop Errors. They're all the same, indicating that windows has detected some error and has shut down to prevent damage to my computer.

They suggest it's caused by memory or video errors and I should run a memory check using the diagnostic tool provided by the manufacturer, check drivers or that all hardware is seated properly.

The technical report reads as:

Stop: 0x0000007F (0x000000D, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Or close to that anyway.

So far I have removed 1 stick of ram at a time, and still get the errors with either stick in place, reseated the video card, and updated the video card drivers.

The video card is an eVga GeForce 7300 GT 512MB.

I've had the video card & Ram since August and they've been fine up until these past few weeks. I did buy a new Western Digital 250MB SATA recently (can't remember if the errors started before or after) but that doesn't seem like it fits the error description.

In addition sometimes when I come back from work I find my computer has crashed and stuck loading due to a failure to load the OS. I've never been home when one of these errors occured, but the the Microsoft error report could not identify a cause or solution, only that it was driver related; that's what prompted me to upgrade my video drivers.

So, anyone have any idea what's going on, and any suggestions on how to go about fixing it? Thanks

lol I have this same problem but mine is with the system files , apparently I get stop errors from missreads of my .DLL's can someone help me to?

Possible causes,
Overclocking
Low-level hardware corruption, such as corrupt memory (RAM)
Mismatched memory modules
A malfunctioning motherboard

I haven't overclocked any, and I'd be suprised if both of my sticks of ram became corrupted at the same time

Yea, that could possible it... test some new ram, test the ribbons connected eliminate everything you can, it will be cheaper that way, just go through the proces of whrere everything goes.

DEccles said:
I haven't overclocked any, and I'd be suprised if both of my sticks of ram became corrupted at the same time
Did you notice i put malfunctioning motherboard aswell, these are possible causes direct from MS website :)

Raffaz said:
Did you notice i put malfunctioning motherboard aswell, these are possible causes direct from MS website :)

Yea, just trying to narrow it down and provide as much info as possible. I google searched the 0x0000007F stop error and found a page with your exact advice.

Again suggests using the diagnostic tool provided by the manufacturer to test the ram. This is a custom built comp though, so I have no clue what tool it's referring too.

Anyone know where to find a good/free one?

Ok, so I downloaded WinDiag from microsoft to test the memory. Now, first time I ran it my comp crashed mid-test. Then, when I restarted my computer, it crashed during startup three or four more times. I let it sit for awhile, came back to try again and the test ran fine and the memory passed all tests. However, when I restarted again my computer crashed once more and would not turn on for about 15 minutes.

Everytime I booted up the fans started and then it shut down after a few seconds to a minute or so. Only after several tries and about 15 minutes did it boot up successfully.

I'm starting to think it might be a mobo problem. Any thoughts?

Some more technical info I've found:
Error Source: Service Control Manager Event ID: 7026
The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
szkg
Error Source: Service Control Manager Event ID: 7001
The Infrared Monitor service depends on the IrDA Protocol service which failed to start because of the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified.
Error Source: Service Control Manager Event ID: 7000
The IrDA Protocol service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified.

These errors are in the system log, and occur in that order. This series is listed on several of the Stop Error instances

Back
Top Bottom