Stock market...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would cost me $86.70 to fill up my truck at the current price of gas. ( $2.89 x 30 gallons). I get about 400 to 500 miles out of a tank depending on how I drive. I've actually contemplated getting some stocks since some are cheap now, but I'm not too sure about it. Don't really know anything about the stock market.

It costs around $42 to fill my grand am up with regular gas, I get 280 miles to a tank, average 20MPG, with shot exhaust and 02 sensors, with working sensors, I would get 350 miles to a tank, or ~25mpg.

All in all, that is BETTER than my old intrepid, but, with no job, and the outlook not being so good, I just can't afford the gas to job hunt. I couldn't even afford to go to Lexington when RJ Corman was hiring 500+ workers for the railroad system at a HUGE job fair, I drove all the way almost, then walked 8 miles to get there.

Back when stocks did crash, in 08/09, I was considering buying some stocks, as the market did spike like crazy earlier this year.

About every other building in this city is for sale/lease. Several big companies closed forever.

Gas prices are about $35-40 here.

Yup, the market is rather crazy still. Nice drop today thanks to Germany and Crude/Gold. Though gas prices should be dropping noticeably very soon.

I'm still kicking my butt for not buying any Ford when it was down at $1.75.
Got in on some Citi for the long term though.
Thinking about Fanny Mae since it's under $1 today and Freddy Mac sittin under $1.30. But man are they both still bleeding.
Sprint looks interesting, same with AMD.
GM will be a looker hopefully in the fall.
Should have shorted Blockbuster earlier this year though!

Mutual Funds are always nice for the long term investor.

Has anyone checked out the Cantor Exchange?
Possible stock market for movies.

Ah, and I filled up this morning at $ .92/L. I think i put in ~40L, can't remember...to early lol.
The 55L diesel tank will get me ~900-1000km. I'll do that in about 7 work days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom