Still want to know

Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer to use quickmask when cutting and pasting because you have the choice of selecting what you want with different brushes where, if you use the lasso tool, you have to deal with a hard edge and later try either feathering it or bluring the selection's alpha channel for blending purposes.

To access quick mask siimply press "Q". Black selects areas of your image and white deselects. You can do this easily by pressing "D" which will give you the default colors black (foreground) and white (background). Then after you make your selection using the paint brush you can fix any errors you made by pressing "X" which swaps foreground and background colors, giving you white, allowing you to deselect. When your done press "Q" again to exit quickmask. You should then have your selection. I would recommend saving it so you don't have to do it again. Hope that helps.

That is also good, yes definitely for beginners. I grew up using the lasso tool, so I guess thats why I prefer it :eek:

ok well i tried using it for one its hard to make it perfect and also when i do it. and i drag and drop it in the other screen it doesnt show up just the outline from the thing i will post a pic so you can see what im doing wrong ;).

here we go
90827f89.bmp

Your problem is simple. You obviously have your setting to select what you don't paint in quickmask. All you have to do to fix this is either change the setting or go to "select", "Select Inverse", or simply press CTRL+SHFT+I after you exit quickmask mode, sorry for the confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom