Stepmania dance program (Free!)

Kage

Golden Master
Hey,

Check this out:

www.stepmania.com

Its a free dance mat game for PC, Linux, and Mac.

You can use a dance mat, or just simply a keyboard (Like I'm using at the moment).

It has different packs to download, and themes, backgrounds, etc.
You can find loads of packs if you know where to look :D
Loads of songs are on that site also.

Its brilliant, and simulates DDR, and the new one with diagnal arrows :p

You'll be a pro soon if you keep working at the songs like I am :D
I can do all of them so far on Medium.

lol medium? try Max 300 on heavy. i got a "C" on it. yeah step mania is kinda old. but it never gets boring. i had it for a couple of years now.

what is your favorite song so far Kage?

Haha... Super Trouper for some reason...
Though there are any good ones, like that classical remix and that.

On Super Trouper I got AAA on standard. Any higher and theres too many steps for me to figure out yet.

You can download themes though to make it like one of the latest dance mats you know :p

I never knew you could get a program to do that dance thing... I've saw it in those public arcades and whatnot, but not on computer. I better bookmark this.

Thanks Kage for posting it... :D

Hehe, neither did I :D

I'm getting better at it I think, and this weekend, I'm aiming to go out and get 2 dance mats for tournaments and Solo matches (2 sets) :D

I have about 800-1000 songs for it now at least :p

I'm just wondering wheather to get USB ones, though I guess i'll have to. The reason is that, I've heard with some mats, theres delay when using USB :(
But only 1 could plug into PS/2, because ones for a mouse only? Correct?

i don't think the USB mats would be delayed. well i haven't heard that from anyone because me and friends play the mat for Dance Dance Revolution on PS2. how big is your monitor or are you going to hook it up to a tv or something?

Yeah, I have an older computer downstairs which can hook up to the TV.
I think the PSU might be going out though because its soo loud and hot, and the video card: ATI Radeon 9800 PRO, was much faster before, even on that machine, and it seems chocked now...

Anyhow, yeah, I'll have to hunt round for some :D

Though... an Aunt is giving me a free Dell computer *dies*, so depending on how good that is, depends if I can use that instead, as it might be better next to the TV (Or behind it, hahahaha) because of its noise level.

Back
Top Bottom