Stepmania dance program (Free!)

Yeah, you download them, and the standard ones have an auto unzip that should find the directory.

But, ones that are just plain Zip or RAR files, will need to be unzipped to the Stepmania program gorup/songs.

It also only accepts this:

Songs/DDR mixes (for example)/Song 1 (for example).
Any more folders and it dissallows the program from loading.

You can download about 4 sets of mixes from their site, and also download Themes, and Announcers (tend to make it a bit more fun).

Its great though. I have over 1003 songs for it now :D

I'm getting A's in alot of the mixes on standard mode too, yay :D

Thanks John123 for that :p I may end up trying that one day, but for now, a TV and dance mats will have to do.

I know you can buy proper metal dance pads, but these are rather expensive.

I'm just going to go to my local computer sale place thats open on sundays and see if I can pick up two USB dance mats going cheap.

I have found a few PS/2 ones, yet, I'm pretty sure with most PC's, only one would work using this method since PS/2 ports are seperate to mouse and keyboard? Or...maybe I'm wrong there.

EDIT:

I do warn you though. This program is VERY addictive. I can't stop going on it now... haha, and keep having songs going through my head, and arrows...

On the songs download on their website, there are also original mixes you should download, and just place them in one folder, with the songs then in other folders within this one.

Snowbound is one I can think of right now which is a challenge as well as a great trance song.

eh this is isnt that great, i usually do better on this song :D
screen00001.jpg

Not sure if I've been on that one or not :p

We should have competitions on the built in songs on the site though. What do you think?

2 misses, tut tut :p

Yep, I do have that one. I'm going to try it!

Well...I tried the one you have done it on (Heavy), and I can't complete it yet,
though on Light, haha, I get an AA, and I haven't tried Standard yet.

I'm usually good at the ones with steps all the time, but this mornings obviously not one of them. I'm thinking too much :(

Weird. Why isn't it sometimes saving my score, and other times it does?...

Kage said:
Not sure if I've been on that one or not :p

We should have competitions on the built in songs on the site though. What do you think?

2 misses, tut tut :p

Yep, I do have that one. I'm going to try it!

Well...I tried the one you have done it on (Heavy), and I can't complete it yet,
though on Light, haha, I get an AA, and I haven't tried Standard yet.

I'm usually good at the ones with steps all the time, but this mornings obviously not one of them. I'm thinking too much :(

Weird. Why isn't it sometimes saving my score, and other times it does?...
competition? sure it will be fun lol.

lol, heavy takes time man, ill just say that to you. took me like 2 years to do songs on standard on the dance mat. :) but light doesn't have that many notes and i like songs that have fast beats and a lot of notes.

for your question on it not saving or not. you might be switching difficulties. if your on beginner and get an "A" on oh lets say Healing Vision (the song up there) and then you switch to light it doesn't show the score from the beginner difficulty.

Nope, thats not it. It just doesn't save sometimes.
Like I got a B that should have replaced the C there, and it didn't, on one of them.

And, yeah, practise :p

On Heavy on the keyboard, I got about half way, and then lost it, but, I lost it when I figured I couldn't do the move, because my keyboard won't accept 4 commands at once, and only 3 at a time...though even then, it won't do right commands while up and down is being pressed for example :(

Vienna Core, I love that track. You should try that one :D

lol 4 commands? the highest is 2 commands at once. the notes might be a little close together and look like there are 4 at one but i assure you there are not 4 arrows at once because this game was specifically made around the dance pad and how is one man going to press all 4 arrows at once with his feet? lol

Well there is one with 4...I've seen one. The ones where you have to hold them down, and 4 go up the screen a few times.

I think at that point, you have to use your hands... haha

Try Vienna Core if you have it. Though thats not one with 4 :p

I believe its something with Water in the title that has 4, but I'll find that one in a minute.

Back
Top Bottom