Step 1: Recommend me a case

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
So I think I am going to start upgrading my computer as building one with an improvement in performance is a bit out of my budget, I am going to buy 1 part each month until the end of my build (Mobo, RAM, CPU).

So the first thing I am getting is a case. I have used 3 cases in my past experience. First was some cheap $20 case you find on ebay. Second was the Cooler Master CM690. Lastly, and my current case is the NZXT Guardian 921. I really liked the CM690, and thinking of getting it again. However, I don't feel like getting the same case. So here is what I am looking for...

Maximum of $100 USD
Great cable management
Decent size (about the size of the CM690 and Guardian 921)
Hard case (in case I want to LAN with it)
Transparent side panel

I am up for any suggestions, and I will say when I found the right case. Thanks to those who helped.

Ugh... Don't buy 1 part at a time... By the time you have all the parts, the first parts you bought will be obsolete... Srsly. Just save your money and buy it all at once. I had a friend who started buying stuff for his new build in like July. He has a few parts, then had to pay a bunch of money for something, then his gf dumped him so he has to pay his full rent. So he's still only stuck with half a system and all those parts will have been replaced like twice on the market by the time he gets it all built. I know it "seems" like you are spending more money when you buy all at once, but it really would cost about the same. Put money away every month specifically for the computer build, and when you have saved enough spend it all on parts that are the same age in technological time. Since you won't be able to use the system until you buy it all later anyway, just get it all when you have the full amount.

As far as a case goes, The Antec 900. I know the Antec 1200 is a really awesome case for cable management, and since that is not on your budget, the Antec 900 is. Never had or used an Antec 900 before, but I'd assume they are fairly similar.

This is what I am buying in order, so I doubt I will far that much behind in technology.

This month, it will be a case. Second month would be a DVD burner and an HDD. Third month would be a PSU. Forth month would be a new graphics card. Finally, the last month would be the Mobo, CPU, and RAM as I need to get all of them at the same time to be able to use them.

I am not really buying a part at a time till I finish then finally building it. It's more of slowly upgrading my computer. The parts I am looking at now won't decrease in value that much from now till summer. It's the last 4 that will be cheaper, which is why I am getting them last.

It may seem cheaper to buy it all at once, but if you think about it, I am sure the DX11 GPU, mobo, Quad CPU, and DDR3 RAM will be cheaper at summer than now. I have more than enough to buy the parts I want now, but it seems like a waste of money since there is a high chance parts will be cheaper summer. When I am complete with the build, I will be selling my old computer for $200 to help me get my final parts. I also don't have any bills to pay either so I should be able to finish my build.

Back
Top Bottom