STEAM Controller (review)

Brad#1

Solid State Member
So I love steam it's where I play 99 percent of my games and decided on purchasing the STEAM Controller which was 49.99 and came to 50 something with tax after atleast three months of owning it, I've loved it and would definitely reccommend it to friends along with STEAM in general for gaming although buyer beware it's not compatable with certain games such as Cod World at War and a lot of older games. Although it's easy to find games on STEAM that it will work with it should be labeled “Steam Controller friendly” My all time fav game to play with my STEAM controller is Injustice gods among us and other fighting games like it. I also play Saints Row with the controller mouse and keyboard. I can also use it as a mouse with support software. Idk why people say it's a waste of money.

Haven't used it yet, but the layout doesn't look encouraging to me. I'm using the XB360 wireless controller and used the XB1's for sometime until the D-pad's left button started doubling input. I'm a classic games and the D-pad is important to me.

yeah i agree controller layout wise itd be much improved if they added a second analog or control stick but its still very useful in certain games and I also believe it's also hard to find one that you can use for non gaming purposes like opening files browsing the web and using as a mouse cursor most of the other ones i researched arent pc compatable for said purposes and are only used on the Xbox One when gaming although i could be wrong since ive never used one or had an Xbox connected to my computer system. Im also looking to buy a good gaming mouse and have my heart set on the Logitech G502 Hero although its expensive it has extra controls that may put me at an advantage to help beat certain levels on old games that arent Steam Controller friendly like Driver parallel lines and other games i get in the future like it

Yes, even I never seen a controller built to handle accurate pointing like with cursors/pointers and aiming. I did try the XB360 and PS4-like controllers with third-party mouse emulation apps and accuracy was awful. Let alone aiming in shooter games.

From the looks of it, Steam Controller's layout seems to have had consideration for that issue. But then again such functions aren't specially sought after for PC games nor will they ever be even close to accurate with a mouse. Controllers used on consoles could use such functions instead of the analog sticks. They give me hell in shooters like the exclusive Gears of War XB games so I stopped and stored the XB1 to collect dust.

Back
Top Bottom