State of the Union address; G.O.P Response

F**k president obama. Bush was a better president than obama. I really don't give a sh*t about what obama has to say. he has made almost zero progress in his entire year+ in office. And it's unacceptable.

F**k president obama. Bush was a better president than obama. I really don't give a sh*t about what obama has to say. he has made almost zero progress in his entire year+ in office. And it's unacceptable.

everyone says that about every president

in defense of obama, he cant just DO things, its called checks and balances.

Wow, what an educated response. :rolleyes:

everyone says that about every president

in defense of obama, he cant just DO things, its called checks and balances.

I've been alive almost 19 years now, and I've been following presidential elections and world events since I was 11, and the one thing I do is regardless of the situation, I KNOW he can do a million times better. He's just not trying.

He's just like a spoiled child. You have no idea what I could do for this country if I was in office.

You have no idea what I could do for this country if I was in office.

Really? What could you JUST do? Not much really. Every decision requires the approval of hundreds. It's always easy to judge others when you aren't in their spots. I'm sure if you were president, you wouldn't do any better. If the president could just do whatever he wanted, they would be elected for just a year, not four.

I don't believe it was as much as a response as it was the first speech of a new Governor.
As for Obama's speech I found it humorous how he stated it was a Democratic majority senate and then went off to blaming the republicans for not getting things passed because they keep voting no.

I thought some of his goals were very realistic. I agreed with a lot of things he said, but I disagreed on some things. If you paid close attention to the clapping, there were things Obama said that the democrats were not very happy about (offshore drilling being one of them). He hit the nail in the head when he said democrats and republicans need to leave their differences aside and work stuff out. I thought his priorities were well set. The Supreme Court decision of last week is definitely something congress needs to bound. The justices weren't very happy about President Obama's statement, but it was truly a horrible decision.

@Vampist: What Obama said regarding Republicans blocking bills is that now that they have the power to do so, they shouldn't do so just for blocking a democrat bill. And democrats also shouldn't block a Republican bill just for the sake of it.

@63083: I think Obama is doing the best he can. I can't imagine how hard it is to take over in a time of crisis. Obama spoke wisely when he said that the Republican strategy will pretty much be a repeat of 2000-2008. If McCain had been elected I think things would have been worse off.

I think if Republicans and Democrats were willing to give up their pride on certain key aspects (different for each party), we could have something going here. People are mad that Obama is not giving tax cuts to people with income of $250k+. But, seriously...you make f****** $250k. You don't have to buy all the crap you see. Get a more modest approach to life and deal with it. Obama is not curbing people's wealth, but he's not going to sacrifice the poor for the rich (which I find correct).

Back
Top Bottom