startup

billozz

In Runtime
sorry guys i am sure you have had this b4 but my puter starts up really slowly it seems as tho lots of things are starting up when the puter does can i select which progs start at switch on ....and more importantly ...how do i decide what should start at switch on and what shouldnt
thanks
Bill

go to start, run, and type in msconfig. go to the startup tab and here is were u pick the watever. a good site to see which to let stat and which to uncheck is sysinfo.org

yea good tip ^ ... also disable what you dont need on startup, eg: itunes, msn etc. ... what are the specs of your pc?

thanks for the replies
dude spec is as follows
intel celeron 2.70ghz processor
960 mb ram
80 gig hd+40gig hd
is this spec about average or crap

spywarebanisher
i will try what you said and let you know

spec is ok so you dont really need to disable any effects, unless you want a super quick pc. you do defragment regularly dont you?

well not regularly but have done it recentlywithin the last few weeks ...how often should it be done

You can try a free program called CCLEANER it will scan you computer and clear out all unwanted stuff, it wont harm your computer so dont worry aboat it messing things up it only removes cookies,history that sort of thing and you can manually set it to what you want.

blackjack said:
You can try a free program called CCLEANER it will scan you computer and clear out all unwanted stuff, it wont harm your computer so dont worry aboat it messing things up it only removes cookies,history that sort of thing and you can manually set it to what you want.

:rolleyes: i just said that

Back
Top Bottom