Starting to program..

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have not programmed before I would stick to VB. It is a very forgiving language, which is what you want starting out. It handles most of the more complicated tasks (e.g., memory allocation and deallocation) that you need to code for in lower languages such as C/C++.

Also, if you start with a language like C you need to start out writting appliation like "Hello World", where if you start with VB you can begin with application that are much more real world friendly.

shan said:
PHP!!!! :) Web programming is where it's gonna be!

Actually, that is a false statement, the web programming career's are downfalling right now, there are an over aboundance of them, you would probably want to go into software developement and or networking for businesses, a small business like ours(where i work) paid 5k to have a small 2 computer network installed to transfer account information.. It's the way to go.

PERSONAL OPINION

The reason the web programmer is on the downfall is that there are so many web programmer that have really not learned how to program.

It is one thing to throw together a page and put some code behind the page and another thing to design/develop an application.

I beleive that the real developer will be in demand long term, yet the person that takes the easy path and only learns the minimum to take advantage of a hot market will be short lived.

my 2 cents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom