Starting a computer business and need some advice please.

co.cc is unprofessional. makes you look "fly-by-night"
people are going to trust you with their computers, computers are expensive, something that most don't get all that often, and things that people put a lot of sensitive data on.

pay for a .com or a .us site name, don't loose out on a potential customer or sale for the sake of a few dollars on domain registration.

also try not to get a free hosting site that adds loads of adverts or anything.

your site is likely going to be really low traffic, so hosting from home is a realistic option.

At a push, you could set up a site on blogger, style the page to look like a website rather than a blog and have traffic hitting your domain name resolve there instead.

I'm a noob when it comes to Server administration or hosting so I'll post a new thread in the hosting section for more info on that.

Thanks again to everyone for all your replies, my business is becoming more realistic by the day thanks to this forum. The favor will be returned!

Edit: I have been contacted back by Comodo and Piriform (CCleaner) and there's no additional license needed to use in a business, I won't be violating any license agreement to use their software for profit, at least that's what they told me :D Yay!

Save those responses. That way they can't pull a fast one on you lol.

Good idea, the only problem was that Comodo called me and the guy didn't sound too sure, but he had to put me on hold to find the answer so I'm goin with it!

Get everything in writing, on a company letterhead if you can, then copy it and save the two pieces in different spots that you can get to it. Ultra Paranoia FTW!

Infectionzero i've got some hosting space going on my server if you're interested, get in touch pal

Before this thread dies and becomes too old to bump, I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for your comments and suggestions. I have learned so much from this forum and the suggestions and tips received in this thread and my other thread in the hosting section have truly been helpful.

Thanks again everyone.

Back
Top Bottom