Stargate Universe

Status
Not open for further replies.

KSoD

Call me Mak or K, Mod Emeritus
http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=2&id=58972

So i was reading that. It seems that they are going to bring out a 3rd Stargate series. But from what i read it seems that Atlantis will be ending?!?:confused:

It says that they are coming to the end of their 5 years.

(Atlantis ends its five seasons next year but will continue in a two-hour telefilm.)

So they are stopping Atlantis now as well and just going with Universe?

Odd. I thought Atlantis was big for them. Why would they cut it off after jsut 5 seasons...

Thoughts?

talk about stargate universe has been bouncing around since the end of sg1. I dought they will end atlantis, for atleast another few season.

I don't think i will like universe as much as sg1 and sga. It's a whole new characterset, new settings, it doesn't even have the sgc in it.
The goa'uld won't be in it , wraith, uri, nothing. Should be interesting, i just hope it isn''t disappointing.

screw mgm, they did the same da** thing to sg1, that sucks, i was actually quite liking sga since sg1 ended. Universe better be good. Or i will be out of 1 of the 2 shows i watch.

Kinda how i feel. I was talking with the wife about this and it like what do they plan on doing? Combine SG1 and SGA? Have Carter, Tal'c, Jackson, Sheppard, McKay, Telia all on 1 show? Thinking that having all the fan favorites on the show will boost the ratings?

Plus they are talking about unlocking the 9th chevron. Wait a second here. We had to use a ZPM to get the 8th and there is no APM on Earth now and the ZPM's running Atlantis are almost dead right?

So how do they get the power needed to get to a new Universe? WTF!

I have not followed SGA much. I dont even know what has happened this season. I have no idea how close they are to finding a way to defeat the Wraith or anythign at all. But this just seems to be a dumb move.

I only watch SciFi for the reruns of SG1 and SGA. I dont even know if i will bother with SGU till i see who they get to star in it.

i don't know, i have only seen a few eps of season 4, let alone season 5. But i plan on getting both on dvd. Like the others i have.

By what i heard, none of the characters will be returning. It will be a blank slate.

9th chevron lol, why the heck would there be a ninth one anyway, the ancients never put gates in more then two three galaxies (the asguards galaxy( i think it was othala or something), the milky way, and the Pegasus

This ******* sucks. There is no way I will be watching universe after MGM pulls something like this. Who had the bright idea to kill of a successful show to run a new one of unknown quality.

SCIFI killed of SG1 which caused allot of people (including me) to boycott BSG and Eureka which may have contributed to BSG's end. Now scifi lets MGM kill of Atlantis which will make all the fans hate universe leaving them with no shows. Seriously who is going to watch scifi channel for there original movies. They might as well call it the rerun channel since they are the only thing people will be watching

Something must be done. I have an idea! I wanted to try it on the RIAA but MGM works too. We make a catapult and we load a super sized cream pie on it and fire it at the HQ of MGM. It will look as thouugh God hath skeeted on the building himself!

This ******* sucks. There is no way I will be watching universe after MGM pulls something like this. Who had the bright idea to kill of a successful show to run a new one of unknown quality.

SCIFI killed of SG1 which caused allot of people (including me) to boycott BSG and Eureka which may have contributed to BSG's end. Now scifi lets MGM kill of Atlantis which will make all the fans hate universe leaving them with no shows. Seriously who is going to watch scifi channel for there original movies. They might as well call it the rerun channel since they are the only thing people will be watching

From what i know of BSG they had the layout of it from the start and only planned on 5 seasons (Or is it 4) of the show. Have to talk to Saxon on that one. BSG was way more popular in the UK than it was here in the states. I would have to agree that the fall of SG1 did help stave people away from SciFi as it was a highly liked show and what drew most people to SciFi in the first place.

I just dont think that these little movies that they are going to do will help the people who love the show. I know that the Ark of Truth and Continuum were decent but they could have been done much better as part of a season and make into hour shows instead of trying to cram all of that into a 2 hours movie. Espically the Ark of Truth.

But SciFi will quickly learn when they user subscriptions drop and their ratings fall.

WHAT'S THIS??? MGM can **** themselves! I wasn't much a fan of Atlantis for the first bit, but when SG-1 ended, it was all I had to look forward to on the sci-fi channel *well, that and Eureka**ok, and ani-monday is cool too*. I have barely had time to come to a severe addiction to Atlantis, and they cancel? Universe, no matter how good, will not have the viewer base of SG-1 for years and years, should never have canceled SG-1, but REALLY dumb move to cancel SG-A. They never let the viewer base grow for it. Really, both sci-fi and MGM *may they reap many unhappy endings* are hurting themselves financially with this decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom