Starcraft 2

DashedHopes

Beta member
Hey guys when i play Sc2 my Framerate per second (Fps) is like 30 at the beginning of a game but goes down lower as i play throughout the game. I've learned to deal with it. But recently my computer has been able to play on higher graphic settings and plays at over 60fps the whole game which rocked and i was playing VERY good beating players way higher than my skill level so of course i was beaming but one day i sign on and its back to its 30 fps terrible self. Now that i've experienced this great Fps i don't even want to play on it but if i could get my Fps back to 60 it'd be great. So i ask you why does it drop like that all of a sudden. Btw I'm on a Dell Xps laptop. Please if you know its my Graphics card my, motherboard Programs maybe virus please tell me Thanks so much in advance.

If it goes lower throughout, that isn't really that surprising in an RTS game, as more buildings and units are made, that is more stuff that has to be stored in memory, and more processing power used to cover each and every action done by each unit.

You can tell if it is a CPU or memory problem by right clicking your clock in the bottom right and clicking task manager. Go to the performance tab. Graphs of CPU and memory usage will begin to be made. Open and start playing SC for a bit, then either alt + tab out, or close the game. Check the graphs, if either are pegged at 100% (highest point on te graph for a long period), that is the cause of your problem.

I'm not sure if it will work with integrated laptop graphics, but you can tell if it is your graphics causing the problem by downloading MSI afterburner from here:

http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/images/MSIAfterburnerSetup200.zip

Open it, and this will create a graph of graphics usage. Again, go and play the ame for a bit, and see if at any point it is at 100% for a long period of time.

Whichever is stuck at 100%, that is your problem, it is at its highest performance, which is too low. If it is memory or CPU, it is possible to fix it by closing all programs that you don't need open before you start playing. This will free up memory and will make less processing power be used on programs that aren't your game.

We can say it is the ultimate competitive real-time strategy game, and the sequel to the hit original, StarCraft. I have played so many time Really Its a nice and interesting game. And it is a sequel to the real-time strategy game StarCraft,and announced on May 19, 2007, at the Blizzard World Wide Invitational in Seoul, South Korea.

Back
Top Bottom