star wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only people I know who liked this movie are complete star wars freaks... thats just my experience.

I think Lucas really screwed this one up.

All I can say is thank god its over...

FadingTheory said:
Yah, that does suck, how they skip things. Like how they had "Shadows of the Empire" between episodes 5 and 6. It wasnt as critical as the current issues, but still annoying.

I remember reading the book and playing the game and thinking "Dang, what a good game!" Though, the game DID conflict with episode 6 in a few ways... the book had some things that would have looked good on the big screen.
Shadow Of The Empire was a book that was written LONG AFTER the orginal movie trilogy was completed. It really only covers what is easily assumed knowledge of what happened between Empire and ROTJ. The events of Shadow Of The Empire did not have any direct impact to what happened in the movie.
Unlike SITH where
* you had Grevious running around weakened by Mace Windu's attack.
* Palpatine getting kidnapped by Grevious. However that was explained in the beginning credits.
* Skywalker having a different cybernetic hand compaired to the one he had at the end of Episode II. (okay, No big deal there)
All events where in CLONE WARS SEASON 2 or Star Wars - The Labryth Of Evil Novel.

It just that the event that seemed to take place between AotC and RotS seem have more of an impact of the final movie that the the events betweeen EMPIRE and ROTJ.

As for SHADOW OF THE EMPIRE, Lucas was impressed with the novel. He was nearly about to turn that one into a movie. But in the end, he desided not to. However there was the Video Game, Toys, Novels and even SOUND TRACK instead.

They are not thinking of doing that. Star Wars is over. To do anymore would require the work of someone such as Timothy Zachary or Zhan (Which of those is right?) or Micheal Stackpole (The two biggest star wars writers I can think of right now. Timothy writes alot of the huge books, while Stackpole does both those and the smaller, paper back types).

I will personally kill Anyone involved in a star wars that is a prequel to the prequel... Besides, Star Wars was all about Anakin Skywalker. Episodes 1-3 were his fall, and episodes 4-6 were about his repemption, and how in a way he DID destroy the Sith. It just took him a LONG time.

I liked parts of the movie, but the acting was horrible, especially in the love scenes.

Anakin Skywalker "the one who will bring balance to the force":

At first, the Jedi were the "power group" in the galaxy - not the Sith.. And what did Anakin do?.. Bring balance to the force by joining the dark side and killing the Jedi.

Then, the Sith were the most powerful, and what did Anakin do?.. Kill the damn emperor..

My God.. Good thing he got destroyed at the end. Otherwise, the nutball might have flipped again if he started thinking "Luke can't be my son.. It must have be Obi Wan.. Must killll people!"..

lol yeah they definitely (including us) misread the prophecy. I thought the movie was awesome but I don't think many movies, including this one, can beat the originals.

If you take out the books written AFTER episode 6, Anakin effectively killed off almost everyone with the force, or the ability to use it anyway. Without the novels afterwards, we could have asumed that the force would have died out for quite sometime.

Of course, the books say that not only are there jedi left, but vast quantities of non jedi/sith force users.

Also... does anyone know if Luke was REALLY stronger then Anakin? I know Luke won the light saber battle... but so did Obi Wan, and we all know he wasn't as strong as Anakin in the force. Some of the books practically make luke a god.

^^^Wow... nerdy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom