Star Wars on DVD.

What's the best way to watch the Star Wars Saga?

• Story Order - Episodes 1,2,3,4,5,6,

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Story Order (Minus 1) Episodes 2,3,4,5,6,

• Release Order - Episodes 4,5,6,1,2,3

• Release Order (Minus 1) - Episodes 4,5,6,2,3,

• Original Trilogy Only - Episodes 4,5,6,

• Every thing 1,2,CloneWars,3,4,HolidaySpecial,5,Droids,EwokCartoon,EwokMovies,6

• STAR TREK FTW!!!! (GTFO!!!)

• What is Star Wars??? (I have been living under a rock)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
haha, i can see the starwars directors cut in hd. they'll be talking about the graphical development, and they'll shot a tri clip of the light sabers, and it will go from a thin wavy blue line from the original, to a nice looking light saber, to a really high quality one.. hahaha.

he does have a starwars 6 box set saga out i have it

and if you cant find the box set just aquire all 6 at once with mr torrence
I am talking about actually getting the orginal DVDs.
So far, I managed to get Ep III and IV today.

I was about to go into the city to pick them up, however parking was impossible. So I when close to my parents place. The shopping center there has them ranging from $36 to $16 per DVD. The place having them for $16 per DVD only had Episode III and IV. So I picked them up.

I would like to find a copy of Clone Wars on DVD cheaply. They still seem to have both Season 1 and 2 of that over priced. Droids cartoon I might consider, but there is no way in **** that I am picking up the Ewok Movies or Ewok Cartoon.
I am looking forward to the Clone Wars CGI TV show to come out later this year. It's 40 episodes. And in 2009 there will be the Star Wars Episode 3.5 TV series.

Currently I am half way through the 2nd Omnibus for Tales Of The Jedi. These are events prior to the Knights Of The Old Republic.

haha, i can see the starwars directors cut in hd. they'll be talking about the graphical development, and they'll shot a tri clip of the light sabers, and it will go from a thin wavy blue line from the original, to a nice looking light saber, to a really high quality one.. hahaha.

It would not surpise me that they remaster the movies for high definition. George Lucas is a rather fussy guy when it comes down to Star Wars.

some things even some of you shady types shouldn't try to procure illegitimately...imagine if people's collections consisted only of bootlegged, fake, pirated comic books, posters, toys and movies...would be a sad world

go buy your things

as for the movie collections...
I have the newer ones on DVD and the old ones on laser disc, laser ftw! :D

I would not want to see the new ones in HD...those digital effects looked too artificial...and if they transfer to HD, in my mind...would just look too horrible

new age digital movies that don't care to look realistic are ok for HD, but this is a transition movie and it's digital cleanliness or "flaws" will be readily apparent (in my artistic eye)

Reason i want them in HD is because i have an hdtv, and regular dvd's look like crap on it. I do have an upconverting player, but still.

Upscaling*

But yes, DVD on HD TV = Crap + **Wah Was Tha Point In Getting a F'in HDTV In Da 1st F'in Place Ey? **

Upscaling*

But yes, DVD on HD TV = Crap + **Wah Was Tha Point In Getting a F'in HDTV In Da 1st F'in Place Ey? **

One of my clients commented to me that he can no longer watch Lord Of The Rings on Hi-Def as CGI is way too obvious. He commented that he was better off just plugging his XB360 in and playing Battle Of Middle Earth instead.

It would not surpise me that a lot of movie producers are holding back on the releasing thier older movies on to Blu-Ray because of this problem.
At least when some one is making a movie now, they will at least make plans for a HD release of thier product. Eg. Micheal Bay and Transformers.

It most likely means that George Lucas might have to remaster the orginal Star Wars AGAIN for a HiDef release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom