Star Trek XI

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol what a waste of money this is gonna be.

Molsen don't get all p*ssy because I bashed something you like. YouÂ’re no saint of the English language, everybody screws up at some point, and I know you have. The only thing that really matters is the ability to be understood. My grade school education was a waste, but thatÂ’s a different rant.

There you go, I fixed it for you.

Re: Re: Re: Star Trek XI

Ste said:
Yea maybe not the borg, BUT ANYTHING would be better then another "original" Movie.
Yeah.... like the federation taking a good swift kick in the nuts.

I have sead it before, and I will say it again. The reason why star trek really does not interest me that much is that nothing much in the Star Trek Universe as changed in the last 20 years of television.

Federation are still your intergalactic good guys
Romulains are still threatening to invade the rest of the universe, but from one reason or another they just don't
Klingon houses are still at war with each other.

About the only universe shattering events have been
* The Borg (which was over in about 5 episodes and 1 movie)
* Death Of Kirk (Oh wait, that was a good thing)
* The Dominion War (which actually start to show that federation was weakening)

They keep promising a dark future for the federation with some of those time travel episode or alternate reality episodes. Like Andromeda was based on note by Rodderberry for Dark Future Star Trek. However paramount is still too scared to do any thing about it.

And I look at other series like Babylon 5, Andromeda, SG1, SGA, FarScape where the universe is dynamic. These are series where one episode changes the direction of the series forever. Or at least have a heavy impact for the rest of the season.
And I ask this... "Why can not star trek do the same" The closest they got to this was Deep Space Nine.
This was followed by Voyager, but Voyager was just knocking off crew members from time to time.
I still think that Paramount still want to keep to the one episode monster-of-the-week type episodes. And it's one of the reasons why it the show really does not interest me any more.
Like I will sit down at watch the occasional episode, but I am not going to go out of my way to watch it.

Sui said:
Molsen don't get all p*ssy because I bashed something you like. YouÂ’re no saint of the English language, everybody screws up at some point, and I know you have. The only thing that really matters is the ability to be understood. My grade school education was a waste, but thatÂ’s a different rant.

There you go, I fixed it for you.

kekekegay.gif
dude you need to chill out.

Anyways. It's kind of a shame they're going backwards in the Star Trek timeline AGAIN. "Enterprise" tried that and failed. Personally, I'd like to see the series move forward and redefine itself. Get waaaayyyy in the future. Travel from galaxy to galaxy, tackle philosophical questions, stuff like that. Similar to what Harper said, SOMETHING NEEDS TO HAPPEN.

Meh don't imagine emotion where none exists. BTW youÂ’re trying too hard, and thus losing the effect.

Creating another film is just going to be a waste, because....
A. People would already have a negative image.
B. The last few were nothing to write home about.
C. It has been done to death.
D. Sci-fi space type films as a whole havenÂ’t done squat for a while now.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't remember one thatÂ’s done anything as a movie for.... 3 years at least, probably way longer. LOL I know what they could spend the money on, they could give refunds to the people who saw the last one.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Star Trek XI

Harper said:
Yeah.... like the federation taking a good swift kick in the nuts.

I have sead it before, and I will say it again. The reason why star trek really does not interest me that much is that nothing much in the Star Trek Universe as changed in the last 20 years of television.

Federation are still your intergalactic good guys
Romulains are still threatening to invade the rest of the universe, but from one reason or another they just don't
Klingon houses are still at war with each other.

About the only universe shattering events have been
* The Borg (which was over in about 5 episodes and 1 movie)
* Death Of Kirk (Oh wait, that was a good thing)
* The Dominion War (which actually start to show that federation was weakening)

They keep promising a dark future for the federation with some of those time travel episode or alternate reality episodes. Like Andromeda was based on note by Rodderberry for Dark Future Star Trek. However paramount is still too scared to do any thing about it.

And I look at other series like Babylon 5, Andromeda, SG1, SGA, FarScape where the universe is dynamic. These are series where one episode changes the direction of the series forever. Or at least have a heavy impact for the rest of the season.
And I ask this... "Why can not star trek do the same" The closest they got to this was Deep Space Nine.
This was followed by Voyager, but Voyager was just knocking off crew members from time to time.
I still think that Paramount still want to keep to the one episode monster-of-the-week type episodes. And it's one of the reasons why it the show really does not interest me any more.
Like I will sit down at watch the occasional episode, but I am not going to go out of my way to watch it.

All true. But I guess I just want another movie with my Favorite series. I mean wth, Original got like 4-6 and TNG the same. I just want one single movie with voyager.
bah, maybe they will write a book that takes place after endgame.

The idea of this new movie taking place before the TOS sickens me, but I will go see it anyway. IMO when (if) the Star Trek MMO game comes out eveyone is going to be like, "Yeah i have been watching Star Trek for years, and i have been a nerd like all my life." Which i think will bring around another movie/series that might be a little better. Does anyone know if Paramount dropped the Star Trek franchise? I am pretty sure they did.

THat's what they'll be doing, like a prequel to the original series. Might be okay, I probably won't see it. Why haven't they made a DS9 movie yet? That series was way better than Voyager imo.

Someone once said, "Star Trek is like a shark; it must keep moving forward or die." I totally agree with this. The series must keep moving forward or end up like Enterprise (Which I thought it had potential.) It is time to put an end to the endless episodes of Utopic dreams that Roddenberry loved. I am not saying to put the Utopic ideas away completely just not one long series of them. DS9 had fleet battles like in the episode "Sacrifice of Angles."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom