Star Trek XI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Re: Re: Re: Star Trek XI

Harper said:
Yeah.... like the federation taking a good swift kick in the nuts.

I have sead it before, and I will say it again. The reason why star trek really does not interest me that much is that nothing much in the Star Trek Universe as changed in the last 20 years of television.

Federation are still your intergalactic good guys
Romulains are still threatening to invade the rest of the universe, but from one reason or another they just don't
Klingon houses are still at war with each other.

About the only universe shattering events have been
* The Borg (which was over in about 5 episodes and 1 movie)
* Death Of Kirk (Oh wait, that was a good thing)
* The Dominion War (which actually start to show that federation was weakening)

They keep promising a dark future for the federation with some of those time travel episode or alternate reality episodes. Like Andromeda was based on note by Rodderberry for Dark Future Star Trek. However paramount is still too scared to do any thing about it.

And I look at other series like Babylon 5, Andromeda, SG1, SGA, FarScape where the universe is dynamic. These are series where one episode changes the direction of the series forever. Or at least have a heavy impact for the rest of the season.
And I ask this... "Why can not star trek do the same" The closest they got to this was Deep Space Nine.
This was followed by Voyager, but Voyager was just knocking off crew members from time to time.
I still think that Paramount still want to keep to the one episode monster-of-the-week type episodes. And it's one of the reasons why it the show really does not interest me any more.
Like I will sit down at watch the occasional episode, but I am not going to go out of my way to watch it.

I my mind, I think that DS9 was the best serries of them all. I hope they make the movie based off of those. I do wish that Star Trek was a little more like Star Gate and I can't wait for those movies to come out next year.

That didn't really make up for the non interesting episodes... IMO at least.
Granted I thought the 6th and 7th season averaged out to be pretty good. But, meh on the rest...
TNG>Voyager>DS9>Original>>>>>>>>>>>>>Enterprise

:0

Ste said:
That didn't really make up for the non interesting episodes... IMO at least.
Granted I thought the 6th and 7th season averaged out to be pretty good. But, meh on the rest...
TNG>Voyager>DS9>Original>>>>>>>>>>>>>Enterprise

:0

To me it's more like this:
TNG>DS9>Voyager>Original>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Enterprise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom