Star Citizen

For those of us play, I have a question for you all.

What flight stick will you be using? Or will you be using a controller and/or keyboard and mouse?

I thought about doing the DFM with my controller, but decided to snag a x-52pro hotas. Only about $140 and is one of the most popular choices for space sims.

I wanted to try the game with the keyboard and mouse before I spent a lot of money on a joystick. I know if I do buy one, I could not resist spending a lot of money for a good one. But the x-52 looks awesome! Let me know how it compares to mouse and keyboard. Btw, do you have steam? It would be fun to play with some peeps from Tech-Forums, or at least have some people to discuss the game with. If any of you want, add me. My steam name is bew556 and nickname is 'Neb.'

For those of us play, I have a question for you all.

What flight stick will you be using? Or will you be using a controller and/or keyboard and mouse?

I thought about doing the DFM with my controller, but decided to snag a x-52pro hotas. Only about $140 and is one of the most popular choices for space sims.
I bought my dad the X52 and the short period of time I got to play with it I wasn't that impressed. I've stuck with my 30 dollar Logitech for quite some time now.

I wanted to try the game with the keyboard and mouse before I spent a lot of money on a joystick. I know if I do buy one, I could not resist spending a lot of money for a good one. But the x-52 looks awesome! Let me know how it compares to mouse and keyboard. Btw, do you have steam? It would be fun to play with some peeps from Tech-Forums, or at least have some people to discuss the game with. If any of you want, add me. My steam name is bew556 and nickname is 'Neb.'

I wasn't planning on doing keyboard+mouse, but I'll give it a shot and let you know how it feels. I do want to try out my game controller through and see how that feels.

As for Steam names... I made this post that houses a spreadsheet for us here at Tech Forums.

Here's the link to the spreadsheet that has contact info and games played per device: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al_jWi7BnR4ZdE1JZG9XTk95NEYwQWRMbWhJcGVOZ0E&usp=sharing

And here's the signup sheet. You don't have to fill out everything: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/15kUNSUYv-b6W95RofNo_FDtJ7MDaJjo9apMRF9XKBWU/viewform

I bought my dad the X52 and the short period of time I got to play with it I wasn't that impressed. I've stuck with my 30 dollar Logitech for quite some time now.

I've heard tons of good things about it. And its one of the most popular sticks out there. The x52pro fixed the magnet and spring issues on the x52

I wasn't planning on doing keyboard+mouse, but I'll give it a shot and let you know how it feels. I do want to try out my game controller through and see how that feels.

As for Steam names... I made this post that houses a spreadsheet for us here at Tech Forums.

Here's the link to the spreadsheet that has contact info and games played per device: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al_jWi7BnR4ZdE1JZG9XTk95NEYwQWRMbWhJcGVOZ0E&usp=sharing

And here's the signup sheet. You don't have to fill out everything: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/15kUNSUYv-b6W95RofNo_FDtJ7MDaJjo9apMRF9XKBWU/viewform

I've heard tons of good things about it. And its one of the most popular sticks out there. The x52pro fixed the magnet and spring issues on the x52
Yea based on other hardcore simists that I knew on other forums I bought it for him. I just wasn't personally that impressed with it enough to warrant a purchase for myself. I've been using this kind of Logitech stick since like 02 or 03. Last year I finally moved from the older black Wingman 3D to the new silver/black one you can buy today. I started PC gaming with Descent using a Thrustmaster flight setup but after that could never get back into it. Oh plus the X52 for my use wasn't heavy enough and I didn't want to velcro it down like my dad had to do.

Yea based on other hardcore simists that I knew on other forums I bought it for him. I just wasn't personally that impressed with it enough to warrant a purchase for myself. I've been using this kind of Logitech stick since like 02 or 03. Last year I finally moved from the older black Wingman 3D to the new silver/black one you can buy today. I started PC gaming with Descent using a Thrustmaster flight setup but after that could never get back into it. Oh plus the X52 for my use wasn't heavy enough and I didn't want to velcro it down like my dad had to do.

I've never played a space sim or flying sim game so guess I'll be testing the waters with it. I heard it wasn't that heavy so I might be doing velcro too.

After playing for an hour, I have gotten somewhat 'okay' at flying with the mouse and keyboard, although I'm still struggling with precise movements. It is difficult to turn and stop exactly where you want to. I'm not sure if this is a sensitivity issue, or maybe I just need to get used to the movements/controls. What do you all think so far? Has anyone put in a decent amount of time with joystick or gamepad?

After playing for an hour, I have gotten somewhat 'okay' at flying with the mouse and keyboard, although I'm still struggling with precise movements. It is difficult to turn and stop exactly where you want to. I'm not sure if this is a sensitivity issue, or maybe I just need to get used to the movements/controls. What do you all think so far? Has anyone put in a decent amount of time with joystick or gamepad?

I haven't yet. I have a x52 Pro joystick. There are still a few issues and I want to wait until they're ironed out before diving in. I don't want to learn how to fly incorrectly, then they fix the issues and I have to relearn.

Basically they have a basic preset control schemes right now for everything. Also for joysticks/gamepads there some pretty big deadzones.

Back
Top Bottom