stability issues with new computer

Gamingfreak

Fully Optimized
I just got my new computer set up and everything is on stock settings so i decided to run prime 95 just to check it was stable and it isn't, so i tried updating the bios and setting all the voltages to default in case it was messing those up somehow and its still not stable so whats goin on? I thought the E6600 and P5B deluxe motherboard were supposed to be rock solid stable for overclocking but if its not even stable at stock speeds theres no way i can overclock.

If you guys know anything that could be causing this please help me.

cpu is usually around 40C idle and 50C max under load, ive tried reseating the heatsink but when i took it off it looked like it was making full contact because all the thermal paste was spread out

i found the problem, turns out i had the cpu voltage wrong since 1.135 and 1.35 looks very similar on the bios page and i had to scroll up a long way to get to the right voltage lol, but now my cpu is a lot hotter (56C under load right now) and i want to get a new heatsink for it. I had a scythe on my last cpu and it did pretty well, any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom