SSD TRIM Function Intel X25 SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesilversavers

Solid State Member
Hi all,

I'm not very familiar with this SSD TRIM thing, as this is my first time using an SSD.

I have 2 storage drives, 2x500GB 7200rpm HDD and

one X25 SSD 160GB from Intel as my system drive.

My question is, what happens when the SSD slows down in terms of performance over time? I heard theres this TRIM function that will reset the SSD to original configuration. How do I do it for this SSD?

Thanks in advance, :)

In Windows 7, go to start/run/cmd), type the following:
fsutil.exe behaviour query DisableDeleteNotify. It should respond back with:
DisableDeleteNotify=0 if TRIM support is ready and active.
If it's not.. type fsutil.exe behavior set DisableDeleteNotify 0.

Guide THE BASIC GUIDE & FAQ - ABC for OCZ SSD - Page 2

fairfieldfalconsfan, I can not get access to your link...must be because I'm a newbie?

All I get is this:

Joe C, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I tried it when I was logged out and was able to get to it. Strange... Here is the path to get to it from the main forum page: > Forum > News, Reviews & Tutorials > Official TF Tutorials > SSD Tweak Guide. If you still can't get to it try it after logging out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom