SSD steal!!!!!

It's probably best to only use an SSD for a boot drive. Normal activity like PF and other caches put a lot of wear and tear on the NAND cells where it is best to use a HDD for that. I would have gone with a much larger SSD but 30GB is all you need for an OS and basic programs.

huh?
its a 60GB SSD
and as for the ones that foothead wants
those are 320GB

but the whole reason why i posted this is because of the great deal on the drive size for & with the performance that it brings

huh?
its a 60GB SSD
and as for the ones that foothead wants
those are 320GB

but the whole reason why i posted this is because of the great deal on the drive size for & with the performance that it brings

not a single 320GB SSD, the pricing on that would be insane, even a few year from now the prices would drop THAT much to his $100 max (as I type this, the lowest priced 256GB SSD is $669), he was talking about getting 4 SSDs for RAID that would total 320GBs minimum...

also, from what I read the larger SSD drives are faster than the smaller ones, 120GB faster than 60GB, 60Gb faster than 30GB, etc...

ahhhhh
well at least one of us understood him

and ive read that as well
it seems with a platter HDD the larger it is the longer it takes to read
so we see a performance curve
with SSDs that curve isnt there because there is no moving parts
so that results in a straight line on the performance chart
which is why SSDs are so much better then Non-RAID platters
the electric current (giving us the read times) isnt skewed by the size of the drive
which when you think about it like that
actually makes since
now if that blasted dollar sign would just start to drop
but that wont happen if we dont buy their products to push the R&D department forward
creating smaller chips on the same waffer
which is more $ per waffer
which is more effecient to produce
which drops the price of the product

if no one bought the first PCs back in the day
then we wouldn't have the machines that hit todays benchmarks

just for a read
How Silicon chips are made
An inside look at how 25nm Flash Memory is produced

not a single 320GB SSD, the pricing on that would be insane, even a few year from now the prices would drop THAT much to his $100 max (as I type this, the lowest priced 256GB SSD is $669), he was talking about getting 4 SSDs for RAID that would total 320GBs minimum...

also, from what I read the larger SSD drives are faster than the smaller ones, 120GB faster than 60GB, 60Gb faster than 30GB, etc...

I meant $100 max per SSD.

$400 max lol...

I have a rule about not spending a ton of money on things like that in case it dies on me.

Back
Top Bottom