SSD Setup

Before you install things you choose the path, and obviously you will be choosing your sata hdd.

Why did you bother buying the sdd if all you will be doing is saving things on a hdd, and when you use them they will not run as good on the sdd.

Unless you are using the hdd for storage for backup files.

ssd is just for operating system. Programs and all will be on HHD. I heard if the os is just on the OS it will run faster and load faster

i think i got it. i selected create new volume and selected the drive and NTFS and now it shows on my computer. Now when i install stuff will they go onto my SSD still?

When the install window pops up for a program, just change the drive letter to which drive you want it to go to.

yeah that is what i thought just thought there is a way that it will always download to the HHD. I notice when updating all my drivers it never asked where to save it.

If you run an os from a SDD yes the os will run faster, but now, when you run a game and it is saved on the hdd it will be using the hdd to retrieve and send data, which will result in... well, it won't be slow but it won't run as good as it can on the sdd, I would always advise using a sdd for my games and os, my backups would go onto my hdd and music and videos, because we don't need them to be fast, their just fine, but for gaming and photoshop, major programs you'll want them on the sdd, believe you me.

I'd install programs on the SSD as well. OS will load fast, programs will load fast. Put all your data files on the other hard drive. If it helps, you can redirect the Documents, Pictures, Videos, etc. folders to have them store your files on the second drive and you can still use those folders.

Assuming you're using Windows 7 (Vista and 8 probably work similar or the same), go to the Documents folder, it will say "Includes: X locations" Click the X locations, Add..., browse to where you want to save the Documents folder on the other drive. Make that the default save location if it doesn't automatically. Same process for any other folder you want to redirect.

Back
Top Bottom