SSD in a ps3 would it work?

Bahleted

Solid State Member
Something i've been wondering for a while now just thought it would be a fun question to post about. Discuss!

Yea looked around online realized that's a silly topic since it seems to be well known. Seems pretty awesome to do so I'm wondering what kind of load times someone would get by running games they already own off a ssd. From what I read its pretty ridic would love to see for myself :)

But does a ps3 support TRIM? Doubt it and if it doesn't, the performance would drop a lot really quick because of lack of TRIM. At least as far as i know.

My orig question was using ssd in conjunction with jailbreaking and copying games to the ssd and running them directly off the ssd without the disks.

Those reviews are for non jailbroken ps3 utilizing game loading off the cd which would defeat the purpose of the ssd.

The second review comes closer to what I was talking about with wipeout game load decrease so im still pretty sure while ps3 doesn't fully utilize the ssd itself. Between jailbreaking saving the disk to the ssd and running it directly from the ssd you would be able to see major improvements since your taking the drive reader out of the equation completely and relying on the ssd.

Nevermind I think im losing my mind or my stupid phone never posted most of what I wanted to write or im tarded. Im probably tarded

Back
Top Bottom