SSD for Windows Games Possible?

MemRefreshABC

In Runtime
Hi Tech friends, Is it possible to transfer a free Windows Store game from one Windows PC to another as long as both PC's have a SSD and both are Windows PC's? I have an SSD Memory card and was wondering if I could transfer a saved game that I completed levels on to the SSD card and load it on the backup PC rather than having to download the game and start over? If this is possible, What type of SSD card and storage space would I need. I am terrible with my memory and having diffacuty remembering how much storage is needed and the type of SSD card that is needed.

If you are using the same password and user name you can download the game and it will load the scores you had on the other pc. Thats what happened with mine

Points and levels do not belong to the game but to the player, so the above is absolutely right.
But there is another thing - there is no SSD card. If you have a memory card, it's SD, usually SDHC and SDXC, but one more thing - usually CDs are not used in computers, they may be used in phones, tablets etc.
SSD = Solid State Drive
SD = SanDisk
These two are absolutely different things.

If you are using the same password and user name you can download the game and it will load the scores you had on the other pc. Thats what happened with mine
I tried that and I had to start over anyway. I was using the same account with the same backround and it didn't work even after the same account and background was syncronized from the other laptop. Microsoft recogized it as a different pc. This was a free game from the Microsoft Store. Its called Cooking Fever.

Points and levels do not belong to the game but to the player, so the above is absolutely right.
But there is another thing - there is no SSD card. If you have a memory card, it's SD, usually SDHC and SDXC, but one more thing - usually CDs are not used in computers, they may be used in phones, tablets etc.
SSD = Solid State Drive
SD = SanDisk
These two are absolutely different things.
So I cannot use an SD memory card to transfer the game? I do have an SSD holder plus SD Card.

Now i am confused. If you like i download the same game using your user name and password it loaded my game and scores up to current. I play free games from Microsoft. I didn't have to put it on a sd to transfer.

Now i am confused. If you like i download the same game using your user name and password it loaded my game and scores up to current. I play free games from Microsoft. I didn't have to put it on a sd to transfer.
I will try again and see what happens. I don't remember signing into the game itself. I don't think there is a option to do this. I tried downloading the game from the One Drive cloud while signed into the Microsoft account and I had to start over anyway dispite logging into the Microsoft account. so I just removed it and prayed that nothing happens to the pc that I have the game with the scores located on.

Even though this thread is a year old, I'll still try to help you out. Yes, it's definitely possible to transfer a saved game from one PC to another, as long as you have an SSD card with enough storage space to accommodate the saved game. The type of SSD card you'll need depends on the specific requirements of the game you're playing, so you might want to do some research to figure out what type of SSD card will work best for your game.

Back
Top Bottom