SSD for Macbook

Smart_Guy

Fully Optimized
Hello there!

I'm not a Mac guy, and all I can say is I don't think this model supports this type of SSD you linked to that uses SATA expansion slots. AFAIK, later models stopped using that and moved to M.2 slots. Let alone internal support.

Mac geeks, and those know-it-all kinda people, will help you in this.

Joe C

Fully Optimized
I replaced a platter drive on a Mac at one time and quickly found out the Apple uses a temp sensor on their drives. And that was embedded into the Apple drive itself. So I got errors and hi fan speed when I installed an SSD. The solution I found at that time was to install a separate sensor and I used tape to secure it to the SSD (not that it needed it, but to only prevent an error). You may want to try this if there is a sensor in the original drive....
https://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View...e,+how+do+I+connect+Hard+Drive+thermal+sensor

PP Mguire

Build Guru
Damn....it was only a couple years ago that I paid that much for a 256gb Samsung 970
Yea, but unfortunately don't get used to it. SSDs and PSUs will get hit by the tariff price hikes and we all know Samsung loves any excuse to raise prices on their product.