SSD boots Windows XP slow.

OneMarcilV

In Runtime
Restarted computer because after signing on after signing off the computer was unresponsive. Restarted computer 30 minutes ago. Still no icons on the screen.

I am glad that I decided for an much cheaper test of a SSD drive before having a SSD installed on my Dell desktop. SSDs sure are slow.

Purchased me a computer with a SSD. That was my cheaper test.

Sent from my iPad using Computer Forums

XP is an unsupported OS and as such is a great target for viruses since there is no longer anyone working on patches to keep vulnerabilities closed up.
I'd recommend getting an OS that is still being patched regularly.

I used virtual machine on my Windows 10 computer. Not as good as the actual Windows XP.

I'm confused. What are you trying to test exactly? What other hardware is in the machine? SSDs aren't slow so something else must be going on. I'm not sure windows XP actually has full support for SSDs out of the box so that could be part of the problem maybe?

I was thinking the same thing. I had the seller install XP on the computer before shipping. Testing to see how better a SSD would be compared to a regular hard drive.

Upgrade to win 10 and the ssd will be running at its full speed. XP will see it as a thumb drive with more space than is supported and I am surprised it even ran at all.
Welcome to 2017.

I installed another WINDOWS XP on the same computer. Boots up much faster.

Back
Top Bottom