[spoiler] tags. This is for help...

Thank you. That works perfectly.

Interesting factoid - some years ago dropping links in white text was a spammer favorite ploy and the reason that links are always underlined in some color other than the background. We still see this used occasionally for trolly posts - totally passive aggressive. It's still possible to hide links however, you just have to work at it a bit harder... ;)

I have ran into a couple of spammers who put their spam links in the punctuation. Ah, fun times, fun times.

Oh, like the period on the end of the second sentence. Thank goodness for spam controls and automatic moderation.

Interesting factoid - some years ago dropping links in white text was a spammer favorite ploy and the reason that links are always underlined in some color other than the background. We still see this used occasionally for trolly posts - totally passive aggressive. It's still possible to hide links however, you just have to work at it a bit harder... ;)
Lol!
I have no wish to spam, but thats interesting to know.

I have ran into a couple of spammers who put their spam links in the punctuation. Ah, fun times, fun times.

Oh, like the period on the end of the second sentence. Thank goodness for spam controls and automatic moderation.

yea that's a good one. Even better if you know how to remove the underline ;)

This post will only last for ten minutes. See if you can find the link without quoting :D

EDIT: Dang, that worked in the preview....!

Spam prevention is a really good reason to have the spoiler tags actually. It means that nobody will have any reason to use the tricks above, and wait... people have really done that before? Spam needs to be seen to work anyway right?

I stated at the beginning that it was not all that important. I am answering people that respond.
If you wish to spam a hidden link, then use an image. But that still defeats the reason for spam in my opinion. Thats why I am willing to say it openly. Pointless if nobody can see it.

Back
Top Bottom