Split/Combine 12v Rail

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaara

Fully Optimized
CIMG0772.JPG

http://www.bleedinedge.com/forum/showpost.php?p=78201&postcount=10

This is an interesting concept, the ability to choose between using two seperate 12v rails, or combining them to increase overall current and stability.

The modstream is my favourite PSU lineup but lacks power to be a good option, this thing looks appealing and I think I'll have to sell my powerstream and get this unit. :D

is it me or does that PSU look freakin huge in that picture with the mobo?

Seems like for the most part it'd always be best to have it combined if it's a total of 38a, then you could run a ton of crap without ever having to worry about taxing that.....it'd be an interesting concept if you could actually adjust the amperage per +12v line that you wanted, but yeah I'm sure that'd be difficult :p

That's what I thought when I first saw it but I looked at it again and it looked a little more to scale.

The powerstreams have adjustable rails which allow you to increase the voltage you feed 'em, although it's not recommended to overvolt unless you know what you are doing and frankly I do not. :p Adjusting amps seems a bit weird since you'd most likely always want the max possible and I couldn't see much of a reason for decreasing them. =/

Anyhow, I just more excited to see this PSU as it is sexay and now powerful enough for what I want.

Adjust the amps so that instead of having two 12v with 19a each, you could use 10a on one where you're powering smaller devices such as fans, and then the other having 28a for the rest of the system that would need it is mainly what I meant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom