speedboost question

ericf19931

Daemon Poster
how much would speedboost actually boost my system if i have a 2gb flash drive or a 1 gb flash drive? is it a lot or alittle?

It depends on how much ram you have in your current system. If you have 2 gigs of ram already you won't notice any difference. If you have 1 gig you may notice a small difference. Ready boost is more for people with only 512mb of ram. Tests have shown thats the sweet spot for ready boost to be most effective.

Oh contrare mon frair. It makes a world of difference. On my HP dv6205en lappy it's like night and day. I have a dual core Intel with 1.5 gigs of ddr2 667 ram and a 80gig sata drive. When the usb stick is in, it accesses the files quicker than with out it. The minimum for the stick I think is 1 gig. WalMart has the PNY usb 1gig for around 20 dollars US money.

Oh contrare mon frair
:( UGH, that's just about the worst spelling I've ever seen. I speak French but I'm English. A real french person would cringe if they saw that. "Au contraire mon frère"

Oh contrare mon frair. It makes a world of difference. On my HP dv6205en lappy it's like night and day. I have a dual core Intel with 1.5 gigs of ddr2 667 ram and a 80gig sata drive. When the usb stick is in, it accesses the files quicker than with out it. The minimum for the stick I think is 1 gig. WalMart has the PNY usb 1gig for around 20 dollars US money.

You can see from these charts anything over a gig of ram readyboost doesn't make much of a difference at all. Its 1gig and below you see the biggest impact. I wouldn't recommend him buying a flash drive if he has more than a 1 gig since your not gaining that much ground. Unless of course he already has some then by all means use it. Results are mixed on the cycle runs but sometimes it shows a slightly faster load time if 0.1 seconds is important.

image011.gif

image012.gif

yer, what happends if u accdently kick the usb out of ur computer while process are running on it

Back
Top Bottom