Specific software

Fabric1601

In Runtime
hi guys,
i'm looking for a software which can put admin previlidges over a computer on the network. For example the user on a computer not to be able to click the start menu, or the whole toolbar to be inaccessible.....everything that the user have access to (e.g. IE, certain folders, etc..) to be accessible from the desktop only.....

I think i did pretty bad description :eek: :D but more or less if some1 understands what i meant, please recommend me a software - and i'll find it

10x

Active Directory ... which is found with Windows Server :) If the OS on the computer is Vista ... perhaps using Parental Controls would be sufficient.

thanks alot for the answer man, but is there some other soft which is not Windows Server based??? I want to use it with XP.

Do you want this to be instantaneous? If the network is not too big you could just log in under the admin account under each computer and mess with the services' rights.

I actually need a shell to be put over XP, for the users to restrict access to anything else apart from the programs that the admin adds to the shell. Thanks alot in advance guys

Active Directory ... which is found with Windows Server :) If the OS on the computer is Vista ... perhaps using Parental Controls would be sufficient.

It works on XP as well. My college uses that to help get our laptops set up for our majors.

It works on XP as well. My college uses that to help get our laptops set up for our majors.

Been a while since I've played around with XP ... didn't know that Microsoft patched Parental Control function to XP. Thought that was one of the new functions that Microsoft built into Vista and was not going to add that to XP in a patch, therefore encouraging the upgrade purchase of Vista for current XP users.

Been a while since I've played around with XP ... didn't know that Microsoft patched Parental Control function to XP. Thought that was one of the new functions that Microsoft built into Vista and was not going to add that to XP in a patch, therefore encouraging the upgrade purchase of Vista for current XP users.

Ah didn't mean to keep the parental controls in there, I was just talking the Active directory... I have no clue if Parental controls are in XP yet or not...

Oh ... guess I misunderstood you then. I only pointed out that if his OS was Vista he could use Parental Controls. Of course, Active Directory works with Vista ... but only Vista Ultimate and Business.

Back
Top Bottom